Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

He often answers intelligent questions with intelligent, in-depth answers
He has zero time for crap questions.

6 Likes

Yep.
It must wear thin pretty quickly.

1 Like

The journalists often use leading questions that either show their stupidity or their snarkiness. For example, “you must be disappointed with…” or “Players were clearly under instructions to…” or “rumblings in media media suggest…”.
It’s like Woosha is already thinking “what a ■■■■■■” before they ask the question and then he has to correct their assumptions.

1 Like
4 Likes

I’m actually warming to his dismissive, condescending style of communicating to the media. They ask the most inept leading questions and instead of being led into a lazy, lightweight affirmation (like the majority of other coaches) he simply rejects the premise.

Media Hack - “So it’s 7 vs 8, really important to win this game so you can push further into the 8, is that how you see it?”

Jon - “we are looking forward to the challenge of playing Adelaide, a win would be better than a loss”

Lol.

16 Likes

I’ve loved it ever since he spat the dummy with them last year. I’m pretty sure Blitz universally hates the footy media. Seems appropriate to have a coach that treats them like idiots. The way he talks to Tom Browne is amazing.

11 Likes

Exactly. Malthouse with Stevens was another good one. Most of them are Muppets that want to make it all about themselves. Give them nothing I say.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s dumb questions, it’s that the new breed of reporter like Tom Browne are asking questions clearly for tomorrow’s article or newsfeed.

Tom wants to say on the news, “pressure off Woosha”, so asks a leading question around this. He doesn’t even care about Woosha response, he just wants anything even semi related to quote. Woosha could answer no that’s not right and Tom would still run the story the exact same way.

That’s why he hates Tom Browne and fair enough, the reporters don’t care about the game and don’t care about the answer. They only want a quote or sound bite.

4 Likes

Tom asks the most loaded questions like:

“Woosha, the pressure has been on and a lot of people thought you might not be coaching by the end of the season, it must feel good to get the win?”

He’s an absolute parasite.

1 Like

And Woosha would reply deadpan “all wins are good”.

Tom Browne 15 mins later talking on seven.

Woosha said the win was good, it’s certainly relieved the pressure on him.

1 Like

The main issue with football media (and most sports media really), is that they don’t ask questions - they ask statements.

“Woosha it seems as though Tippa had a really good game, 4 goals this week and it seemed like he was the difference” - etc etc. Theres no question in there! Woosha treats these sorts of ‘questions’ with absolute distain and rightly so.

6 Likes

You can tell from Worsfold’s reaction and response whether they’ve asked a decent question.

And it doesn’t mean they can’t ask tough or awkward question. They should. It’s really about the motivation behind the question and how they word it. Are they trying for a gotcha moment and make news, or are they trying to get news?

3 Likes

Ask a good question, and you will receive a thoughtful answer. Ask a ■■■■ of a question and he will respond in kind.

It’s not a character flaw as some on here portray it to be.

4 Likes

I think his grumpyness in interviews is because his wife doesn’t live here.

Woosha clearly needs to get laid more.

#woosharelief

Excuse me if I seem a bit grumpy too then.

6 Likes

What are the odds Mark Robinson asks him if this is an issue?

He did twice in a row on 3AW Sunday. He said he missed the coaches night last Monday (which he also appeared on 360 that night) because of his family being over here last week. I assume Robbo would have known this from the Monday and felt it was ok to ask it again about his family on radio.

It’s multi levelled word play.

He was so close to playing for us too. I think he will topple Sheedys reign.

I look forward to working in his salt mines.

The last couple minutes of this talk about the coaching structure at the club. I know we speculate about it a fair bit. Good to get a little info.

3 Likes

I have to admit that for the first time I might just be having the teeniest tiniest thought that I might of been wrong about worsfold…

25 Likes