Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

Think that is more likely. Worsfold has probably told Myers that he is done this season and won’t play the rest of the season unless injuries take out some of our mids.

Only problem with that theory is I’m pretty sure Myers is contracted for next year.

1 Like

Just got out of the GoT thread, feel like this is the closest thing.

5 Likes

we could do with some beheadings, castration and a bit of incest around here, would liven things up a bit.

Classy

Because he was definitely being serious

4 Likes

This is his last season

i donno, get the throne out the front of the mcg on gamedays, have some dragons flying around.

get a couple of heads on spikes around the ground, or hanging from the structures.
would bring some mad max vibes to getting into the g as well.

Tassie aren’t getting a team, get over it.

2 Likes

if tassie got a team i imagine getting to the ground would be like the hills have eyes type setting :rofl:

If only our team played like our coach used to play…

3 Likes

I would like that. But they’d probably all be suspended haha.

2 Likes

Our Mid Season Report Card: Wot ZeroHanger says: E grade. Not far off an F is it?

Essendon (5-6, 10th)

What’s gone right: The Bombers have been able to show that when at the top of their game, they can be an impressive outfit. Star recruit Dylan Shiel has added energy and excitement to the Essendon midfield, while Jake Stringer has been a consistent performer for the red and black this season. Youngsters Mason Redman and Aaron Francis have shown further promising signs, while Darcy Parish looks to have come into his own in recent weeks; averaging 29 disposals and featuring on the scoreboard over his last three matches. Dylan Clarke is another who looks to have cemented his spot in the side after nullifying Patrick Cripps on the weekend.

What’s gone wrong: The Dons have appeared to stagnate in 2019 thus far, having only one more win than they did at the same time last year. The Bombers have often been far too predictable with their style of play (as noted by Essendon legend Matthew Lloyd), and their entry into their forward fifty has been lacklustre at many times this season. Plagued with injuries to notable players such as Joe Daniher, Devon Smith and Orazio Fantasia certainly hasn’t helped, either.

Best and fairest: While there have certainly been many critics of his ball use this year, Dylan Shiel would still remain a hot contender to take out his first best & fairest at the Bombers. Jake Stringer will be in for a good chance if he continues to show consistent effort and work rate, while the usual customers of Michael Hurley, Zach Merrett and Dyson Heppell would all fancy their chances as well.

Season grade: E

Sadly for Essendon, it’s been a season all too familiar, with a mediocre spate of performances seeing the club where they are right now. The first 11 rounds have quelled expectations for the Bomber faithful, who no doubt would have had heightened expectations over the pre-season thanks to a strong finish to 2018 and the attaining of Dylan Shiel. All is not lost and of course, the season can still be salvaged, but the first half of their season leaves a lot to be desired.

1 Like

E grade is being very kind

4 Likes

Is it as simple as finals or bust? maybe finals win or bust?

In all honesty our best football should still be in front of us this season, Our draw opens up if we can snag 2 from our next 3.

The form of our young brigade will save Woosh IMO, McGrath, Redman, Langford, Francis, Laverde, Begley, Clarke, Guelfi, Ridley, If they can genuinely support our older/better players and impact positively on games that’s his lifeline.

1 Like

I presume E is not for Excellent.

5 Likes

To the half year point, at 5 and 6 its an F relative to expectations:

7 and 4 would have been attainable at this point. Wins against Collingwood and Sydney were gettable. Given those, we would have been 6th.

That is the most generic scorecard I have read so far.

Basically took all their information from newspaper headlines.

Lazy writing.

E for excruciating?

7 Likes

Where’s the Blitz mid-season report?

1 Like

The last month of this thread is it :joy::joy:

2 Likes