Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

McClure has some good contacts… the last time he said x2 coaches were coaching for their careers over the next 4 weeks, they were both gone

“There’s a developing story and that’s the pressure that is mounting on Essendon coach John Worsfold,” McClure told SEN’s The Match Committee.

“I think he’s coaching for his career in the next month.

“A big Melbourne club, they’re underperforming again, they get back Jake Stringer, Dylan Shiel and Orazio Fantasia.

“Their next month is Hawthorn, West Coast, GWS and Sydney. It’s a tough run. If they lose their next games, they would go to 5-9, which is just about curtains on September.”

1 Like

You don’t need to be a journo with good contacts to know the next month is make or break for Worsfold.

6 Likes

Poop McClure also said we were out of the race for Shiel.

1 Like

He’s also mathematically challenged.

10 Likes

Blitz exerts its influence once again

Good contacts? McClure is the Trade Whisperer. Go have a look and tell us again how good his contacts are.

The pressure on Woosha comes from all the impatient Essendon supporters who whinge about the previous 20 years. Newsflash, Woosha wasn’t here in the 2000’s or during the saga. He navigated us through two unique seasons well and we’re now not even halfway through the 2nd “open air” season. We’re not going to make a rapid accent up the ladder if we’re not going to give people a proper go.

For me, Woosha has until the bye next year…unless we have a catestrophic end to this year.

5 Likes

what does a catastrophic end to this year change ?

that’s having a toe in both ends, or whatever the saying is. you can’t say he’s the man for the job, be patient essentially in one sentence, but then if he goes backwards before forwards, then he’s out.

I’m one of said impatient ones cos i wanted him gone last year, I dont’ need to be hit in the head with a sledgehammer before i can see what is clear as day infront of us.
but if you’re going to back him in, do it fully, not half heartedly which restrictions, otherwise what’s the point.

5 Likes

If this is so well known about Woosha, why is it we are slow to organise a tactician for him?

Sack Woosha, hire a new coach, revamp the gameplan, make more excuses, draft talent, underdevelop said talent, make excuses, miss finals, sack the coach…The cosmic ballet goes on.

11 Likes

9 Likes

Off topic, but is it possible to hold a conversation just by using stills from the first 7 seasons of the Simpsons
Is peeto still around

1 Like

As much as I hate to admit it, Maclure’s mail is pretty accurate. Might be a fraction less time than a month though…

I highly doubt it. I reckon we could lose every game from here on in and Woosha won’t get sacked during the season. If he gets sacked…and that’s a big if…it won’t happen til after round 23.

1 Like

What? That Worsfold is under pressure? Stop the presses!!!

Well if we maintain our current output and get to 10-11-12 wins and miss the finals I still think he’s a chance to have the first half of next year. Honestly, we’re two umpire-rigged wins away from being a top 4 side at the moment.

A catastrophe would be measured in more than just our win-loss ratio. If on-and-off the field the players start looking completely disinterested and are not digging the coach then that’s when immediate action needs to take place. But until it turns sour Woosha must be given somewhat of a chance. I like the idea of having a full club review at the end of the season regardless.

3 Likes

Yes.
Well actually no, as I failed IT at pre-school.

While the numbers indicate that, to date we have not looked like a top four side. The 2nd half of the year may prove that we are. Let’s see.

Caracella on Tripe M the Rub after the game last night

BT: Are you throwing the hat in the ring for any of these jobs that will be coming up in the next few months?
Caracella: Wrong time to ask me Brian, but I’m open to um…very busy right now though.

3 Likes

Our plan if Woosha has to go:

We should hire Brad Scott, knowing full well Carlton have him lined up. Then, the day they announce their new coach, we sack him and get someone else.

That way, we get to ■■■■ off a Scott brother and FARK Carlton in a single effort. The ultimate win-win.

2 Likes