Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

Bit hard to be motivated playing in an umpire rigged comp.

Sort of like being motivated to play when you’ve just been told your not playing finals this year.

I don’t really care what the tin foil brigade thinks about umpiring. It’s not rigged. They’re just incompetent, but to be fair to the umpires they have one hand tied behind their backs by the stupid AFL who seem to want everything to be ambiguous

4 Likes

You cared enough to post about it

I think you missed the point. I just wanted to make the point that I don’t think it’s rigged. No matter how much people want to go on about it

2 Likes

Lol yes you did. Get ball kick long, hitting targets a bonus. Yes the game plans where much more simple but you are belittling the players from that time.

I know plenty of gun 80s players from sfnl, vfl, and locally. Every bit as skillful as players today.

Agree. They aren’t trying to control outcomes, as much as the tin hat brigade want to believe that. The rules are just way to open to interpretation. And i think they do like it that way because it gives them a chance to deny when they’ve got it wrong.

2 Likes

This is what people keep missing. We didn’t win those games. That’s the point. You have to be able to win despite the umpiring. Thats always been the case.
If you can’t win despite the umpiring you are not good eough.

2 Likes

It’s a very weird defensive year where most teams other than Geelong haven’t looked good. Collingwood and GWS good enough to be top 4 but I’d argue that they’re not as strong as other too 4 teams in years past.

The season is still wide open and I could definitely see a team win the premiership from outside the top 4 this year.

So what do you think - is it Geelong’s to lose? Or way too early to call it?

I disagree. Yes you need to have a mentality that you must try win everything by 50 points and can’t control the umpiring. But in reality those two games are still absolutely outrageously against us and the Collingwood game in particular is probably one of the worst one-sided umpiring displays I’ve seen. I’m still shocked thinking about it.

1 Like

Way too early to call definitely. So much can happen in half a season and it’s all about the team who’s hitting top form at the end of the year. Geelong definitely deserve to be favourites though.

They never deny anything, because they are never wrong.

1 Like

100% agree they are incompetent.

This being made so or made worse by the AFL’s constant tinkering to supposedly change the look of the game. Less stoppages… oh let’s allow incorrect disposal via tackles to keep game flowing.

But also I’m tin foil hat completely on the Pies. They are continually getting the rub of the green. yeah they go done with 1 poor goal review. But on the whole over the last few years their free kick differential has been best in league

This surely cannot happen by coincidence

2 Likes

Highly suspicious and not beyond the realms, with Eddie’s reach and influence. You know, the argument from the AFL could be it’s good for the game having a successful Collingwood. That being said they got shafted a couple of times in the GF which counters the theory

I sometimes write posts like that and when I get to the end I think nah makes no sense and trash it

just sayin

1 Like

lol

The umpiring was terrible, you’ll get no argument there. However, we should have been further ahead such that the umpiring would have made no difference.

2 Likes

What the ■■■■ is he doing sitting on the bench. ■■■■ me. That’s not coaching he’s just sitting there like a ■■■■■■■

Woosh its AFL 101 to have you’re ruckman man the goal line when opposition is kicking for goal. Why are we the only club that never does this???

Cant the ruckman think for himself?

7 Likes