Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

Media are pointing out it is a breach of the rules and Stratton will be reported and fined

1 Like

Was just thinking the same. He loathes the tabloid stuff. Don’t blame him at all.

I love Woosha’s press conferences.

Gives absolutely nothing to idiotic questions.

Always gets it back to structures, roles, process.

8 Likes

Coaches don’t watch the same game we do. We follow the ball. Most of their vision is directed off the ball to see how the team is set up. They also don’t watch replays of goals etc as they are looking forward, not back.

5 Likes

I honestly don’t see how anyone can have any reaction to them at all.

They’re not good.
They’re not bad.
They give no insight.
They’re completely irrelevant.

1 Like

Are Hawthorn now in the market for a new coach? Perhaps they should go after a Clarko disciple?

2 Likes

He gets angry at the idiot journalists. So for me that is a 10/10 press conference every time.

I couldn’t care less if he just glared at Tom Browne and made farmyard noises for ten minutes. That would still be gold for me.

10 Likes

Agree. Heppell’s kicking cost us about 3 goals tonight. Talking about the one he missed and a couple of woeful turnovers that led to Dawk goals. He needs to do something about it, and quick.

2 Likes

Yay for him.
Doesn’t mean you can take anything from anything he says.
I mean, if that does something for you, then yay, I guess.
It does nothing for me.

Again, that’s not a bad thing.
It is, by definition, a neutral thing and always has been.

Missed a shot at the end on the 2nd, later (within 2 mins) gave it back to Haw who kicked a goal at half time (bad defence by Ess) but he should have gone to the boundary. 12 point turnaround.

What do you guys think about Ben Stratton as our next coach? Seems to fit the Sam Mitchell mould.

I think you’re a ■■■■ troll, howboutdat?

5 Likes

I haven’t seen tonight’s conference yet, but in general if he is asked a good football question he’ll engage and give a good answer. If they ask lazy niggling questions, then he treats them with contempt.

3 Likes

Feel free to relay a good insightful answer.
I have long, long since stopped listening to him.
Which, I feel I have to emphasise, is no reflection on his coaching whatsoever.

1 Like

Great to see us finally using a tagger to shut down the oppositions best mid. It’s gone a long way to us winning our past 2 games

Coached well, moved the team around as needed

After that goal they kicked at halftime I thought we might just fall to bits in the 2nd half. But whatever he said at halftime must have worked becuase we came out super focused for the 2nd half

5 Likes

blitz after woosha press conference after a loss: he is just in absolute disconnect with the playing group, no emotion.

blitz after woosha press conference after a win: absolutely love how he gives nothing to the reporters, its great !

10 Likes

So you’re saying I should coach?

I’m surprised you’re capable of breathing without prompting from others, so I think coaching is waaaaay beyond you.

All you do is post smart-■■■■ jibes.
You are the very definition of a troll.
You contribute nothing.

4 Likes

I tend to agree.

He can’t single out players, he can’t outline our game-plan, he can’t really say much at all.

He’s got a longer term plan which definitely doesn’t change much week to week, yet the AFL media and public thrive on making the weekly result the barometer for life.

He can’t take the credit for a win and if he takes responsibility for a loss then the media will completely dark him over.

He can’t be expected to keep answering the same questions (“looking back how disappointing was the loss to St Kilda?”) week after week without getting annoyed.

So I agree, it’s not really worth listening too.

We are either gonna hear what the EFC Coach wants us to hear/believe, or nothing at all.

1 Like

Does this put the push woosh in the tush movement on hold

2 Likes