Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

1 Like

The useful thing he said last night was not to consider the Clark v Omeara run-with role as a success in Q1, given the hawks easily won the clearances. Hence they changed a few things up at quarter time, as having one player out of the midfield defensive structure was hurting the collective outcome.
You tagger-diehard-types will probably attempt to weaponise this information so you can fire it out of your pop-guns.

2 Likes

McEvoy rucked well early, but Bellchambers has some real nice hits to advantage later in the game.

Totally agree, one of the smartest players i’ve seen in my time

1 Like

Apropos of what I mentioned earlier, Woosh MAY be the one behind the scenes pushing to resign at seasons end as he wants to go home as is terribly Homesick. Tough gig being away from your family

Two candidates are APPARENTLY Scott Burns and BLAKE “2000 P’Ship Player” Caracella.

EDIT: Apologies - Scott Caracella LOL :rofl:

I liked the way he gave the assistant coaches the credit.

Is that Blake’s brother?

Completely agree, we got smashed in the clearances in the first quarter, and I was thinking the same thing tagging O’meara was hurting us to much offensively. The hawks where ready for it, and smashed us. Good to see the coaching staff changed things up after that point, and got our best players on the ball.

1 Like

The team were well rested and came out to play against the Hawks.

I read the thread title as

Good Bye Woosha?

Woosha: “thanks for asking. Yes it really helped us rest the players and bring back in some class and tinker with our iterative masterpiece through learnings”

Edit: @ArmyOfPoon maybe add a space and capital to the thread title for a week?

3 Likes

Theres a difference between ‘can’t’ and ‘doesn’t want to’.

All coaches press conferences are always a cliche ridden complete waste of time. Woosh recognises this and just gives it and the moron journalists no oxygen.

And of course, it is the most predictably Blitz thing in the world that in a must-win game where he outcoached Clarkson, that the usual suspects in this thread are instead complaining about press conferences!

4 Likes

Hello Woosha! Well done, mate.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The bouncing of the ball was pathetic last night.
Thought TBC got stiffed a few times because of it but as you said, had some great taps as well.

They did change up the center square rotations after 1/4 time which allowed us to control the game better.

Didn’t mind the chipping around as well, we would look for the switch but when it wasn’t on they went back to where they started and stayed patient. Couple bad turnovers and couple of kicks should have been closer to the boundary line but it looked better than the past 4 or so weeks.

5 Likes

I listen to Buckley talk and still find it insightful. I’m not after club secrets - just some honest reflection on how the game played out.

It’s not just the coaches and Woosha’s fault though - the journalists are the ones asking the questions and at times they are pretty pointless.

I think there are better coaches in the comp but I like his commitment to what he values. He’ll live and die by that. He has assembled a backline that I wouldn’t swap for too many in the comp. Ambrose is now incredibly important and his use of him on certain players which allows Chook and Hurls to play the way they are has been excellent. I’m rapt that he hasn’t been tempted to swing Hooker forward. Short term solutions.

I think he’s playing a patient game which is admirable given the pressure that media and some supporters place.

Coaching for your job with the forwards he has at his disposal would be tough.

8 Likes

Remember that NFL player who answered “I have a contractual obligation to be here” or words to that effect when being interviewed? J Worsfold is a couple of degrees back from that stance. Those who continue to moan over his press conference ‘performance’ have to accept that he doesn’t have to say anything, he only needs to show up.

6 Likes

Down my end Redman switched to Heppell and opened up the whole of the medallion club wing. We moved it quickly for a point.

The choice by Redman and the execution of the kick was fantastic. It wasn’t a simple option. By seasons end, he may be the very best thing to come out of the year.

6 Likes

Probably unheard of

Normally coach would say “we decided to do this…” after half time but he said was an idea the assistants thought up

I guess they are sitting up in the box together getting an overview and he’s down on the bench in the moment

2 Likes

You nuffies have been sucking it for three weeks straight now. Bring on weeks 5-6.

3 Likes

Sounds like he hasn’t watched any game this year