Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

As much as I want to be proven wrong, I see us only winning 2 of the above, and hope like farck Buddy doesn’t have one of his usual days out on us.

That being the case, I reckon the likelihood of making finals is gone, as coming home after those games we still have

Gold Coast - away
Power - home
Tin Rattlers - home
Freo - away
Pies - MCG

History says there are upsets in every season, but personally I can’t see it as we sit right now. I belive we will/should win 3 of this group. That will give us 11 wins, we then need to snag at least 3 out of our arsse from the 5 games below.

Eagles
GWS
Crows
Freo
Pies

In such a close season every winnable game is a non negotiable. This shows how badly the saints and swans losses will hurt us. We should be out of the top 4 on percentage only.

I don’t count injuries as excuses all clubs have them, some more than others. We couldn’t even beat swans without Buddy when they were languishing with zero confidence.

If we make finals, I belive the coach has a pass for this year. If we don’t he must go.

Stop analyzing ■■■■. Just enjoy each weeks game and see what the team can produce. We are every chance of making finals and until we lose 8 in a row or can’t mathematically make the 8 then we assess each week on its merits.

2 Likes

No, but who approves the spending to have a skills coach and a goalkicking coach?
There is a soft cap on footy department spending, so if we are at that cap and cant pay for a skills or goalkicking coach (even PT), then why?

Analysisng? FFS I responded to an earlier post about ones own views of wins and losses for the rest of the year. And then closed my post with my thoughts on the coach which is the topic of this thread.

How about you analyse a little more what you read and think about it before responding to posts.

1 Like

I think we could get a run on.

Expecting us to be very competitive Thursday night.

I hope so and want to be proven wrong

The Dons were robbed of two wins by the chumps, the Collingwood and Sydney games. Irrespective of how ordinary we played against the Swans.
You could argue it should be a 8-4 situation if the umpires had umpired.

1 Like

Change in thread title needs a comma after ‘Good’.

The jury is out. Like last year the team have heaped pressure on themselves with an average win/loss record. 10 more games for the year and need to win 7 to assure themselves a finals berth. Eagles, Crows and Freo away are likely losses. 6th toughest run home says Essendon will struggle to split the ledger this year. Supporters were sucked in with how ‘18 played out. Supporters again, are seduced at the idea the team is making progress. Reality remains that ‘19 will be another failed season. Will 2020 be more of the same… of the team being just off the pace yet again? The EFC are a big tease

4 Likes

It is our kicking skills at goal are the problem. Our accuracy is dreadful, tighten it up and start kicking what we’ve been missing and we move up the ladder quickly.

3 Likes

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. All 3 are genuinely winnable games, Freo and Adelaide most particularly.

2 Likes

Yeah Adelaide are nothing much

In Adelaide a 50/50 - a 60/40 game over here

Crows are building. Same with Freo at home and don’t forget, they beat the Pies at the G! Eagles may be vulnerable with their injuries/suspension but that’s more wishful thinking I reckon.

1 Like

Fair enough if you base what will happen in the remainder of the season on what’s happened in the first 12 games.

But what if we beat West Coast? Then we will have some swagger and the remaining games look a lot more likely to go in our favor.

Imagine if we beat GWS too? It’s unlikely based on the first 12 games but in the space of 8 days most punters would be backing us in to make the 8 for sure.

One week at a time…

Can we all complain more about press conferences please? I feel like this thread has gone off track

6 Likes

Unlikely as you say but also as I as I said I hope(want) to be proven wrong. Which takes me back to my last point on my initial post that if we don’t make finals he must be gone. He’s done nothing to prove to me that we have improved our list. Yes he has blooded some kids, but this list was/is good enough for finals and anything less is a fail.

I suppose you could argue the list has improved with the additions of S S S and S.
In addition, we saw just recently against Hawthorn, the improving value of Redman, Paris, Clarke, McGrath, Begley to the team. With more luck, Draper could have been adding value too.
I think the most serious threat to this team not making finals is TBC breaking down.

We’re building also. We match up well against all three sides and our defense is the best in the league over the last two months. We will be in all these games with a chance to win them.

I heard a whisper that Woosha has flown to Perth AND will catch up with his family whilst there.

Where is his commitment to the team???

5 Likes

His interview with Karl Langdon last night was hilarious. Went for about 5 minutes and he said bugger all. Karl didn’t mind. He is used to it.