Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

I’d be concerned if we did have a boot studder, since boot studs are no longer allowed in the AFL.

Will be a good game. Is it at Marvel or the MCG?

1 Like

MCG. Should be a pretty even match. Maybe no Buddy?

Sydney are well into ‘re-callibration’ mode now, as are Essendon. What matters is how the side plays whilst going through it.

No Buddy. Sad face…

I’d have thought Essendon would be firm favourites at Marvel, warm favourites at the MCG. Sydney have been working harder defensively over the last few weeks but they have quite a few novices that history shows start to tire in the second half of the year early in careers. Essendon haven’t been too bad defensively either of late and if they can win the middle of the ground they should be able to do enough to get over the top of Sydney.

2 Likes

Can’t use injuries as an excuse.

We’ve only be badly hit in the past 2-3 weeks and even then it’s not that many, just a few important players.

The fact is under woosha (with a healthy or unhealthy list) for the past 3 yeas we have just plodded along and never looked like we are going to take the next step.

1 Like

Yeah. Good call.

Edit: sarcasm

I anticipate a lot of sucking it this time Friday.

Yep it would be a far more entertaining game if Buddy was playing. I think like you said, we’re warm favourites. But being Essendon we could be anything by this time next week. I do think the 2 teams are well matched.

1 Like

TMI

1 Like

They may not be an excuse but a fact. A forward line without Daniher, Fantasia and Stringer is a much lesser one than with those three fit and in form. Added to this is Walla’s loss of form and it’s no wonder we’re struggling.

1 Like

I would say that we had a good run for all of 2017, 2018 and the first 6-7 weeks of 2019.

All teams have injuries at stages

So is it a win-lose or a lose-win situation @Diggers?

Well, it’s both.

1 Like

Between this and your Parish call… smh.

We have not had a fit forward line for literally any game in 2019. We didn’t even have a fit back line to start, but since we have we have had one of the best in the competition.

3 Likes

Lets look on the lighter side of it. Classic from CloneHirdy.

8 Likes

Hooker missing 3 games = no fit backline???

Have you ever noticed that we’re not the only team with injuries?

3 Likes

I’m not 100% aboard the woosh train just yet but I am still slightly a fan. Granted no one ever has a perfect 22 available but wow, get somewhere close to our best side and let’s see how he performs. Let’s be honest he’s been hamstrung with the list availability this year

2 Likes

Much as I dislike Clarko, I have to admire his frank talk in press conferences. Maybe its 4 flags in the bag that enables him to actually admit when he is wrong, criticise moves he himself makes, and admit that the team is playing poorly. He is less inclined to talk mantra. He is economical with words.

Yes, when they do a presser, coaches are talking as much to their players as to fans and journos, Clarko talks straight.

I think coaches that are feeling secure are less likely to retreat into repetition of generic mantra .

2 Likes

Your Jedi mind tricks mantra won’t work mantra on me, boy mantra.