Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

If we get Clarkson we’ll have another off-season of being top 4 locks before reality sets in by round 3 2020.

And if they want Daniher, fine. But it wont be no 4th rounder for Scully situation.

Oh who are we kidding, of course it will be.

2 Likes

Two words in that explain our performances in poor games.

Work ethic…

We are perthetic in this regard. Doesn’t matter how good or bad the game plan is if u don’t have work ethic.

It’s the very first thing that needs to change at the club.

When it comes to recruiting kids through the draft List Managers have the final say. Most coaches liase with them but basically leave it up to them. Recruiting senior players from other clubs though coaches have a much bigger say.

2 Likes

You’re right, but he still would’ve helped. Our half forward line was horrendous - thumped to a man.

If we got a couple of marks and/or clean transitions through there early, it would’ve spread and shifted their zone a little bit. (Same for a fit Fanta). With the 10? or so attacks that faltered in their zone in a row, they had it ■■■■■■ easy.

(Of course this ends up on the coaches anyway)

Where we finish on the ladder, will justify the decision that must be made.

Say what you want about our list… but there has been worse opposition playing lists that have played in Grand Finals.

1 Like

from AFL site

Clarko tells players he won’t be leaving Hawks

Marc McGowan

Tom Scully and Alastair Clarkson share a joke at training

HAWTHORN coach Alastair Clarkson addressed his players on Tuesday morning to make it clear – again – that he had no intention of coaching anywhere else.

Former Hawk Ben Dixon predicted on the Don’t Argue podcast on Monday that the four-time premiership coach would accept a $2 million-a-year deal at season’s end to be Fark Carlton’s next coach.

Dixon’s comments set off a wildfire of media commentary, but, according to recruit Tom Scully, Clarkson made light of the talk with his playing group and ensured them he was going nowhere.

“I saw something about it but once again, as a player, I don’t read anything into that,” Scully said of Dixon’s prediction.

"That’s his opinion and as far as I’m concerned, Clarko’s the coach and until he says otherwise, there’s nothing really to see.

“Clarko made a little reference to it this morning but it was all a bit of a joke. He just said, ‘We’ll address the elephant in the room, I’m not going to Fark Carlton’.”

Clarkson signed a three-year contract extension in October last year to remain in charge at Hawthorn until the end of 2022.

*I’m not going to Carlton…

Has a bit of Dylan Shiel about it.

1 Like

To me they are where Hawthorn was two years ago. Started off terribly but worked their way up the ladder by the end of the season on the back of smart consistent footy eventually catching up to inconsistent teams who have run their race.

They will tail off somewhere, but I think they’ll get a big name free agent and bounce back relatively well as long as Longmire is there. If he leaves, then they’ll spiral down the ladder spectacularly.

1 Like

History would say you’re correct. They have a knack for avoiding re-builds.

I want clarkson at essendon, how does that help me?

Id have more belief that clarkson could get us a premiership, above and beyond daniher

2 Likes

So, what you’re saying is that we still have a chance? :wink:

let’s hear from @Humble_NSW_Fan before we get too far ahead of ourselves

2 Likes

Er no.

Carpe diem doesn’t mean go for it today and forget about tomorrow. It means do things today to better set yourself up for tomorrow.

…and even if it did mean what you think it means, then it would fly in the face of the ‘play the kids’ mantra often heard in here.

1 Like

Was kidding. We are no chance.

p.s. Make of that what you will. :wink:

2 Likes

Sydney’s big advantage is that they are hard at the ball and apply pressure at most times.

Essendon, on the other hand, panic if pressured and tend to meekly cave-in.

Ability is a secondary consideration.

1 Like

And this comparable ability has them sitting a game and eight percentage below us.

1 Like

Currently yes but plenty of time left for that to change and let’s not forget the past 15 years.

They recruit that type of player and we don’t which is part of the reason why Dodoro has to have massive questions on him.

Disagree.

carpe diem

/ˌkɑːpeɪ ˈdiːɛm,ˈdʌɪɛm/

1. used to urge someone to make the most of the present time and give little thought to the future.

With all this talk of learning, is basically not that the team goes into games thinking " this is part of a process of learning, so that in a few years we can win a premiership"

The learning comes after the game for 1-2 days max, first looking at the memory stick and looking at ways to improve, then maybe practicing it on the track. Sure.

But when the team runs out on game day, let there be absolutely no confusion from John. They simply must go out there to win .

In the 24/6/2019 presser he over emphasises the learning aspects. “every week its a chance to grow and learn”

I know this is a nuance. But its a nuance that has been incessantly drummed into the players since November 2015

I would take a Clarkson Daniher swap. And if you don’t like it you can SUCK IT!

6 Likes