Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

The thing I never understood about those comments:

2016 was absolutely a write-off for him, and it was just a chance to play some of the kids. Everybody was in agreement on that.

We played finals in 2017. We have gone backwards since then, with a better list each year. He is discounting the one successful season we have had under is tutelage.

You don’t get to just decide what counted and what didn’t. Not how it works.

6 Likes

What’s Wooshas win rate after a haircut?
I have a feeling it’s a good sign!

1 Like

Woosha’s big mistake is putting trust into the saga players to get it done this year. TBC, zach, Myers, Hurley have all had shat years…all disappointing and I could add a couple of others too.

Our injuries have been to key players.

We have plenty of up & comers that are 20ish, so in my mind Woosha HAS to make every player earn their spot my matter who that player is. If Hurley continues to lack urgency in his game, fark him off to the 2s and play Harley…make them accountable; every player, every week and these Essington BS games disappear forever.

I don’t care about finals, we won’t win a flag. I just care about team selections now that have integrity, so everyone is on the same page. If TBC has shocker games fark him off to the 2s and let Tippa ruck. No more kiddy gloves for the saga players Woosha, be a kant !!

Well if Robbo thinks he should go…

At the end of the day the club will do what all clubs do and that is to lay the blame for failure at the feet of the head coach.

Not sure Sean Wellman’s name is any reason to have confidence when it comes to a new coaching selection process either.

If we aren’t already a rabble it feels like we’re pretty farking close.

“His first year was Essendon’s worst, winning three games in the face of mass suspensions, before drafting No.1 pick Andrew McGrath”.

Robbo was too lazy to go back to 1933, which was in fact Essendon’s worst year.

3 Likes

And yet, 1 more win than Carlton of 2018.

5 Likes

From memory, not a lot of kids were played in 2016 either, which was one of the criticism of 2016.

1 Like

the same players who have achieved what exactly in their football careers ?
premierships ?
a finals win ?
David ■■■■■■■ zaharakis, the absolute epitome of essington, wow he says it’s a strength.

maybe he and his buddies would like to start showing it onfield that it’s such an inspiration.
maybe then they might get on that 6 week hypothetical winning streak and make the finals and snag one.

but yeah, dave says it’s all ok, so carry on, nothing to see here, worsfold is super dooper awesome, and essendon is just great.

7 Likes

I was told earlier this season that Worsfold won’t be moved on. It was definitive and not contingent on results. Some of the language he’s used since was similar to that I heard when the question was asked.

The past couple of weeks I’ve had a different feeling. No information but a gut instinct that this next month (GWS, Sydney, NM & Adelaide away) probably decide his fate. I told another Blitzer this early this week, well before Robby’s article. I genuinely feel he’s under pressure and my own thoughts are that he should be too. IMO, this list should be producing more, regardless of the injuries. Good systems overcome key personnel missing. Collingwood were decimated by injury last season, especially to their defence yet still came within a kick of winning a flag. Richmond have been without 3 of their best 4 players most of the season yet still remain ultra competitive We miss a few players and fold like a cheap suit.

IMO we’ve been stooged in two games (ANZAC Day and Sydney) which changes the complexion of the season but I still maintain, good sides win close games and find a way to win when not at their best. We’re so far from that right now it’s not funny. There will be changes next season. The only question is to what extent. Solomon & Sumich have been spoken to, I believe Solomon will likely be at the club next season but if Worsfold is removed…

23 Likes

Not sure Richmond is a good example to use. Lost 1 less game than us and have an ave losing margin of 6 goals.

1 Like

Have been decimated far more than us. Their captain has played about 4 games and their full back and full forward probably played that between them. Throw in their only ruckman and they’re STILL in front of us. They’ll be further in front of us in four weeks time.

3 Likes

I have a good feeling about tomorrow night
Go bombers!!

3 Likes

Agree - also sitting 9th, one game ahead of us and behind on percentage.

It feels great to say Richmond are 9th.

3 Likes

I’ve seen lots of cannons on my travels through Europe. I’ll smuggle one home and we can commence the canoning.

6 Likes

I rhink tomorrow’s game will be interesting.

The result no doubt will play a part, but im curious how the crowd size will go. A small crowd and a big loss would definitely imo tip the scales towards being shown the door.

The more this season has followed a similar pattern to last, the more supporters have woken up and sent a msg with their lack of showing up to games.

Ive alwayd said , the poorer the onfield performance, the more ■■■ covering that will happen.
The pressure will grow exponetially on thw xlub as a whole , once the direction moves away from how poorly he coaches, and why he was re appointed last year and the poor record of the whole club and questions about poor management of the board , then he will be moved on quick smart.

The club is run on optics and perception, pressure that is only going to get louder will ironically be its downfall.

1 Like

It’ll be the first time you’ve been asked if that’s a cannon in your pocket or are you just glad to see them?

4 Likes

Also the sad story about Bomber Thompson in today’s Herald Sun , would obviously have some affect on players and others who were involved in the Supplements saga. I am NOT using this an excuse, injuries are another, and all clubs have injuries, however the saga was unique, no one can say how the overflowing effects of this rearing its head again might affect all involved. And; here we go again.

Woosha must be wondering how the hell he got himself into this? Would he be turning his hand to coaching again but for some unsuccessful business investments? One hell of a commitment when the rest of his family are in W.A. Yes, I know people work away from home all the time successfully, where do you turn in stressful times - your family and friends.

I think this GWS game is a defining game for us as a team and a club. We will either come to play and stand up under pressure or get knocked over in the deluge. The way we are playing I cannot see how we can win enough games for this season to be judged as a success. We are simply not the team now we were at this time last year, we not playing anyway near that brand of footy. We lack resilience, our staying power is shot, our skills are below par. The coaching team have NOT been able to inspire the players to play the kind of footy we want to play. That’s a sentence we’ve heard so often, it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Who takes responsibility for that? The coaching staff? The players? Or both?

This game is our line in the sand for the coach and the players.

7 Likes

This. This is where we continue to fall down badly.

1 Like

They won a flag 2 years ago with barely an injury.
They went 18-4 last year but lost the prelim when Martin hurt his heel in the QF.
They are now 7-6.
Explain the good system they have by losing those 3 players?

Sorry, I agree with 90% of what you’re saying, just not the Richmond part

2 Likes