Good luck to the new boys

Young Merret has a little of the Daicos about him, low centre of gravity and good skills. Dare we hope?

And Fantasia, small but fluid, with an eye for a goal.

Let's hope we have something from a much compromised draft.

Its very exciting to have a set of brothers at the club. I can't remember the last time we had brother play a match together - although I'm certain some media muppet called Lovett and Lovett-Murray brothers and no doubt Mark and Jason Johnson were labelled brothers many times. Joe and Darcy would be the last brothers who were on the list, but clearly didn't overlap. 

Merrett is mine

I’m just so happy that finally after all these years we have a player called Orazio Fantasia on our list.

Its very exciting to have a set of brothers at the club. I can't remember the last time we had brother play a match together - although I'm certain some media muppet called Lovett and Lovett-Murray brothers and no doubt Mark and Jason Johnson were labelled brothers many times. Joe and Darcy would be the last brothers who were on the list, but clearly didn't overlap. 

I can. there where 4 of them.

but im a very old man now.

Haha they were clearly the obvious ones. I just couldn't think if we have had any since the draft era commenced. 

Merrett is mine

Didn't take you long to drop Del. Any room on the Merrett family wagon?

Well, with the two latest draftees, along with Edwards, Aylett and the Dalgleigh upgrade (and even Johnny Rayner), we've certainly added some more pace to the list. Best of luck to them all.

I like Orios.

Welcome & good luck to all the new additions…

Bring on 2014!!

I can remember when we had twins play for us but in different years. Steve Richardson played one game in 1983 and his twin brother Michael played 15 games in 1986.

I'm just so happy that finally after all these years we have a player called Orazio Fantasia on our list.

Best post ever!

I can remember when we had twins play for us but in different years. Steve Richardson played one game in 1983 and his twin brother Michael played 15 games in 1986.

didn't even know they were related let alone split down the middle.

there you go.

Merrett is mine

I jumped on first brother, stick with Dell for another year!

didn't even know they were related let alone split down the middle.

there you go.

Identicals, not fraternals, too. (Gemelos, no mellizos - at least the Spanish use different words to distinguish the types)

Bit different to have two brothers in the same team these days, unless they're father/son selections.

Happened shedloads before the draft.

We had Charlie and Ian Payne, Bruce and Eddie Lake, even though they were before the zones and from the bush and away from any area that should belong to us.

We had Hugh Delahunty from Murtoa (I think), but his brother Michael was tied to Collingwood because he'd been at school at Monivae in Hamilton at the important time of his life. Not sure why that should matter - it's where you live, not where you go to school.

David and Mark Johnson were the last ones, though I don't think David made it off the rookie list.

David and Mark Johnson were the last ones, though I don’t think David made it off the rookie list.

DJ went to Geelong didn’t he?

David and Mark Johnson were the last ones, though I don't think David made it off the rookie list.

DJ went to Geelong didn't he?

yeah he did. He was on our rookie list when Mark was here. Not sure David played a game for us though (i'm pretty sure he didn't)

DJ went to Geelong didn't he?

yeah he did. He was on our rookie list when Mark was here. Not sure David played a game for us though (i'm pretty sure he didn't)

I'm pretty sure I remember David Calthorpe having a brother play 2s for us, though I'm not sure if he was ever listed.