Goodbye Bronnie

How do you propose people get to these outback communities to volunteer? Walk????

He’s not using the money to go on a holiday or take his mistress somewhere. And as for people disagreeing with him, well this is the real world not ABC/Fairfax/GetUp world where everyone agrees with each other.

I’d also be interested to know if KRudd’s visits to Afghanistan would fall in the same bucket?

Can you talk english perhaps?

LOL - if you want to prefer a blog post over an actual finance report then so be it.
Coalition staffer insults both the medium and the audience he is hoping to manipulate in unintentional satire of own political party.
Oh Tony, http://m.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/expenses-burkes-world-tour-with-staffer-who-became-his-partner/story-fn59niix-1227473369458

Italy and Spain were the favoured destinations of Tony Burke when he embarked on a ministerial travel extravaganza that included first-class flights with senior staffer Skye Laris, who is now his partner.

Mr Burke’s expense claims show that in 2008-09 he racked up $225,000 in overseas travel costs. The Australian understands he was accompanied on most of these trips by Ms Laris.

In January 2009, Mr Burke travelled with Ms Laris in his role as agriculture minister to attend a forum in Barcelona known as “Food Security for All”.

The two travelled in the first-class cabin while senior departmental advisers flew business class.

Mr Burke’s expenses for this six-day trip were $48,951.

Shortly afterwards, Mr Burke promoted Ms Laris from adviser to chief of staff and stipulated that she accompany him on all of his domestic and overseas trips.

The bigger issue is patronage - Politicians employing friends/lovers/family in positions without due process.

So Burke is claiming for his family and his mistress. Has his snout in 2 troughs.

So Burke is claiming for his family and his mistress. Has his snout in 2 troughs.
Maybe he has 2 snouts.

Joe “the age of entitlement is over” Hockey has serious snout troughing ways it would seem. This tit for tat madness will see them all pulled down through sheer pettiness. Imbeciles one and all.

coalition wastes taxpayers money paying staff to troll football message boards

hahaha -
$5000 helicopter flight used by a 72yo woman = public hanging.
$225000 expenses bill incurred by Labor minister to pay for first class trips to Europe with his mistress = Nothing to see here. Move along please.

I think you’ve missed a few of Bronny’s efforts, and you’ve jumped the wrong way if you think anyone is a fan of the way politicians hoover up entitlements with what might be generously described as dubious justification, regardless of allegiance.

The only people who like that are the politicians. I hope their furious desire to strike back with expenses “dirt” helps end what Joe Hockey so conveniently provided a name for.

I’ll miss the helicopter memes.

Mr Ludlum. $11000 on a nasty carbon emitting chartered plane !!!!!!

And your purpose was to meet staff that work for a company that you want to shut down. I bet they were pleased to see you.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/29180381/greens-senator-scott-ludlam-defends-11-000-flight/?cmp=st

WA Greens senator Scott Ludlam spent $11,136 chartering a flight at taxpayers’ expense to get to Wiluna where he attended an anti-nuclear protest.

But the party’s co-deputy leader defended the cost, saying the main purpose of his three-day visit in August 2011 was to meet staff of uranium miner Toro Energy and inspect the company’s proposed mine nearby.

The Greens’ anti-nuclear spokesman also met residents and traditional owners opposed to the project.

As a WA senator, Senator Ludlam has a $26,490 a year allowance to book charter transport, including flights.

His return flight between Kalgoorlie and Wiluna coincided with the start of the Walkatjurra Walkabout when about 100 protesters marched from Wiluna to Kalgoorlie and then to Perth to demand an end to uranium mining.

“We will not rest until this industry finally has been closed down,” he told Parliament after the visit.

Senator Ludlam toldThe West Australian the cost was quoted on a competitive basis and no commercial flights fitted the schedule.

“I wouldn’t really characterise the purpose of the trip as a protest, more as a site visit with Toro staff and a series of meetings … with local people,” he said.

He said rather than dealing with regional issues from Fremantle, site visits, including to far-flung areas, were essential.

WA Greens MLC Robin Chapple, a staff member, a journalist, a conservationist, a lawyer and a hydrologist flew with him, but were not asked to pay.

I’ve got no issue with this one there is no domestic path to get there and he was on the job he took 2 scientists and a lawer with him to try and get a dodgy mine closed, the others are over the top.

Meanwhile, the new speaker in Tony Smith, seems to be ok.

how’d you rate his first QT, pazza?

He allowed “are there any other policies?” questions from the government side to allow “robust debate” (to quote him).

No one pushed too hard, and a couple times Abbott conveniently “finished his response” at the time of an objection so he didn’t have to be forced back on topic.

Has a head tilt thing like Abbott does.

Wait and see how he settles in.

how'd you rate his first QT, pazza?

0 touches

Prismall is wearing #78

Fair enough too. We wouldn’t want the seat to catch anything.

Haha, that’s amazing.

OOOh they missed a spot…