Goodbye Windy Hill

Pretty significant day for the club:

Essendon FC ‏@Essendon_FC 21m

The doors are closed at Windy Hill. We are at our new Melbourne Airport facility bright & early on Monday morning. pic.twitter.com/vtCJdZ42fZ

BXZJN-eCIAAyq0f.jpg

Pretty sad to be honest.

I feel there's a couple of Coodabeen champs coming forward!

Coodabeen is as funny as a bucket of surgical waste.

I think you are over rating them a bit.

Don’t hold back Boot!

PS Hope the move is under control.

Lol … never karma

So far so good … be completed next week my friend

Thinking of you and the “better half”. Good luck and keep posting!

No, I never

Knew you at all...

from twitter

http://scoreboardpressure.com/2012/07/23/windy-hill-essendon-victoria/

The players include Michael Thomson (34), Mark Harvey, Glenn Hawker (33), Mark Thompson, Tim Watson (leaning over), Shane Heard (drinking), Leon Baker (obscured), Terry Daniher (very obscured), Garry Foulds (10), Merv Neagle (1), Roger Merrett (25) and Paul Weston.

Sad but it's for the best. 

Bye :frowning: one of my favourite places in the whole world.

End of one successful era and the beginning of another. Amazing opportunities await the EFC.

WTF! 

when did this happen?

I was ignored by P Ryder there once.

No, it was twice.

HOF is remaining there isn't it? Will still be in operation, just the admin (I assume) and players won't really be there.

Something sad about seeing the old local grounds disappear....

I remember going there in the 70's as a young tacker. The years of duffle coats, footy cards, badges and autographs. 

Really was our spiritual home.......

■■■■■■ bowling club!

I remember going there in the 70's as a young tacker. The years of duffle coats, footy cards, badges and autographs. 

■■■■■■ bowling club!

&%$#!ng bowls club indeed. 

Simon Madden breaking ■■■■ Reynolds games record,the weekly countdown on the fence for T.D’s comeback after 1990 susp.,Karl Langdon getting grabbed at the race,the wind sock,the crowd stuffing Allen Jakovich’s kick after siren(1991),scrag fight I seen under ■■■■ Reynolds stand after eagles 7pt loss '91,Anthony Daniher torps from full back,'DON hotdogs,flag celebrations '93 etc etc…

I love our church!!

from twitter

http://scoreboardpressure.com/2012/07/23/windy-hill-essendon-victoria/

The players include Michael Thomson (34), Mark Harvey, Glenn Hawker (33), Mark Thompson, Tim Watson (leaning over), Shane Heard (drinking), Leon Baker (obscured), Terry Daniher (very obscured), Garry Foulds (10), Merv Neagle (1), Roger Merrett (25) and Paul Weston.

I took that pic. (Or maybe it was my dad, because it was his camera, and he's not in the pic)

For the rest of the people in it.

John Synan with the banner, got suspended in the 1990 GF

Paul Lew

John 'Killer' Kilby

Doc Reid

Graham Mendola cleaning Moose Thomson's boots (also suspended after the 1990 GF)

Can't remember the name of the bloke on his right

Rob DiStradi

Mick Casey

■■■■■■ bowling club!

....I went there a few times with my grandfather, who was a life member. Went into the rooms and shook Ken Fletcher's hand. I remember the cold pies too....

Saw Kenny Fletcher's last game there- he ran on with a young red-headed tacker. Who knew?

I went to Windy Hill a couple of years back, to watch my son play cricket (under 17's) there.

During lunch break just sat back and thought about all the wonderful and not so wonderful (loses)/times I had experienced at Windy Hill.

Never forgot seeing Cameron Clayton running from the back pocket all the way to the members wing to deck Dipper as a payback for Dippers hit on Alan Stoneham.   Huge roar from the stand .. and me on the other wing !

I loved the peanut man, we really have lost a lot.

I loved the peanut man, we really have lost a lot.

And the donuts from the van next to the Reynolds stand were divine!