Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

Can’t believe he’s still coach.

Worst post game presser ever.

Players look broken.

Supporters leaving at 1/2 time.

No club spirit.

Questioning why I waste my time viewing.

4 Likes

Fair call, I don’t know the board member mentioned, nor did I mean to insult her. More implying that there is a disconnect between the board and the members/supporters and I (don’t wish to speak for others) expect more.

He’s had 3 years to communicate things to the ■■■■■■■ players.

Catherine - can I ask if you, or the board, are prepared to take any responsibility for WOBs banning?

19 Likes

lets be real when has the essendon board even taken responsibility for anything other than fiscal success?

I get that Catherine… but unless we fundamentally change the way we do things at the club and hold everyone to account… nothing will change. We never hear anything from our president and the only time we see or hear from XC is when he pushing a corporate opportunity. As an example for Dan Richardson to come out and say they wouldn’t have changed anything with Joey was staggering and arrogant. Had he investigated and reviewed everything?

5 Likes

Way to take a turn to serioustown

1 Like

I haven’t gone off on him for our last couple of losses, because I honestly didn’t think he was too bad.
A couple of minor things, sure, but you’ll get that in any game.

Tonight, though, was dire.
It was like we didn’t have a coach at all.
And after all this time, if he’s going to pull out a (non) performance like that, how can anyone have any confidence in him?

There are underlying issues, like our lack of…I don’t want to say intelligence…knowledge in playing wet weather football.
Compare us to the Adelaide v West Coast game. That wasn’t just wet weather football, it was finals football, and they both turned it on like a tap.

But the in game stuff, again a backman slaughtering us and we just letting it happen.
This isn’t new.
We have experience with this.
But it seems that we’re still not prepared to do anything about it.
It’s not a case of can’t. It cannot possibly be a case of not being able to identify it.
It’s a case of won’t.

So…what are we supposed to…I mean, are we expected to just ignore that?
Are we supposed to just see it, again, and…what, say ‘well, I guess that’s just the way we want to play and if we lose (which we will) then…we’re better for it somehow?’

I’m not mad.
I’m not even upset.
I’m just…sad.
Anger is wasted, because nothing is going to change this.
All I can do is wait for us to get a coach that coaches.

24 Likes

I don’t want to be picky, but I feel like very little of that is WOBs fault

1 Like

You know I hate to tell tales out of school.

But I am really starting to think this Worsfold fella isn’t quite cutting the mustard.

5 Likes

Another wasted season, just have to hope changes are coming.

3 Likes

You’re such an agent provocateur!

The board extending his contract so stupidly deserve to be the ones who pay him out. He won’t take us to a flag. So what exactly are we doing? This is why I view the next 1.5years as a waste. He doesn’t have the drive anymore. He is in preservation mode.

3 Likes

At least when Trump spouts bullsh1t it’s entertaining. This is repetitive and boring.

1 Like

Then it’s time to remove the fuzz! Give the supposed communicator his marching orders and appoint someone who is an effective communicator for the interim. Enough is enough. Cut the cord. Be done with it. Time to move forward because right now, we’re taking in more water than the titanic. I hold little to no hope of us making a bold move, just continue swimming down mid table mediocrity for another decade and a half while the corporate bullshitter gets to sprout jargon about driving purposeful innovation on our esports team delivering a “premiership” Where have we seen this Fkg movie before?!

14 Likes

Been a full club home and away member for 23 years and for the first time I’m contemplating only maybe getting a 3 game membership next year. So much you can take

3 Likes

The fact he seems to think Ben McNiece is worthy of senior selection should be grounds for instant termination of his contract IMO…

11 Likes

Don’t forget, we’re also spending our time and energy to “Strengthen industry relationships”

We became insignificant when we moved to docklands. Our skill level is average in controlled conditions and worse in wet weather. How to beat Essendon? Just add water.

6 Likes

Fair enough

When is the next board meeting set up for?

In your opinion what was your expectations for this season( not as a board member but as a supporter)