Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

I sometimes wonder if he was tricked into this thinking he was going to be in charge and really drag this team to a flag. And what he found himself in was a club of nice boys who aren’t allowed to be “mean” to each other and if you do then you lose your job.

So he just does what he’s told until we stop paying for 2012.

This is because he prefers an extra number on the ball, which pads out the clearance stats but continually leaves us exposed in the forward line. It’s like trickle down economics, everyone knows it doesn’t fuc.king work but he keeps trying the same old tired farken thing. He is inept. The only thing that actually gave us any hope of a win tonight was the determination of the players. But without any system in place from the coaching staff, we continue to bomb it in long to our outnumbered forwards and then wonder why the hell the ball keeps coming out so easily.

5 Likes

I don’t have any issue with people wanting to move the coach on but some of the personal abuse and name calling in this thread is ■■■■■■■ disgusting.
Pull your ■■■■■■■ heads in.

11 Likes

Just want the disappointment to end… by any means

Luckily we play fvckwits next week and will lose to them as well… more joy for the hard earned weekend

Unfortunately I don’t think the club will sack woosha, even if carlton beat us by 10 goals next weekend, will the club immediately sack him after the match, or the week following.

I think Woosha is far too conservative in so many aspects and I can’t see him being the man to take us forward but we are kidding ourselves if we think he’s the only problem.

We have far to many players happy just making a living being an AFL footballer.

11 Likes

I definitely think people are over-reacting. We’re a ‘middle of the road’ team who just lost to a very good team who has now won 6 of their 7 games…

The single most unprofessional thing we could do right now is sack Woosha mid-season while we’re still in the hunt for finals. Sure, if our form all of a sudden falls off a cliff and we are ruled out of finals, then the tough questions will be asked then.

But personally I’d like to see how we finish the season off before getting over-the-top emotional about it all. By the end of the year that will be 2 full seasons Woosha has had the opportunity (post-saga years 2016/2017) to shape a gameplan that can allow us to contend. So we’ll have a better idea then.

Also remember that had we not had extraordinary umpire circumstances this year we’d be sitting 6-4 marginally out of the top 4. Doesn’t help anyone if the supporters are up in arms demanding we sack everyone. Imagine everyone on Blitz having to wait as long as Tiger fans did for Damien Hardwick to finally win a premiership. It wouldn’t happen because we’d stomp our feet, sook and protest like spoilt kids until external pressure ensured sackings. A stable club is the only way forward.

Remember aggressive change can often be very good. But it can also be very very bad and send a club rapidly downhill. Just see Carlton.

3 Likes

Oh how I wish we were a middle of the road side. We are worse than that.
We were beaten by both a putrid Swans side and a garbage Saints side.
I seriously doubt we have more than 3-4 wins left in us this year.

4 Likes

Woosha is so far from the problem it’s a joke. Throw whatever money we can at Hawthorn’s fitness staff and watch how much better we look.

Justin Crowe and team are genuinely insipid at their jobs

1 Like

No, we are middle of the road. Look at the ladder.

That putrid Swans side just lost to Collingwood by a goal. They’re playing pretty reasonable footy now after a slow start to the season. Saints were also near top of the ladder after the first month of the season. We started the year super super ■■■■ but turned it around. We are now hovering at ‘middle-of-the-road’.

2 Likes

The conversation on our fitness staff is very interesting. Before this year I thought we had a pretty good injury record barring the JD mystery.

1 Like

The middle two quarters tonight were close to the worst football we have played this year. And the Swans pushed Collingwood’s reserves last night. By seasons end we could well be in the bottom 4-5

2 Likes

Maybe, but unless something drastic happens I doubt it.

We’ve got a slightly easier run home but I expect us to finish just outside the 8.

The only path this club has in 2019 is to play the younger guys. No supporter should want to see us eek out a couple more wins than we otherwise would by playing the same old guys - it’s time to hand the team over, the young guys drove the last quarter comeback.

I’d keep Myers and Baguely out and have the cannon loaded with Zaharakis and Hurley/Hooker next. This current incarnation of the team isn’t good enough and never has been.

If Worsfold won’t go this route then he is not only the wrong person for the job now, he’s actively holding us back from getting better and will cost us young players at seasons end.

Over to you Xavier and board…

Building nicely.

In Woosh we Trust.

we need a ceo and coach who can make ruthless calls. like turfing dodoro

1 Like

Isn’t that precisely the head coach’s responsibility to fix? Either fix, or drop those players to the VFL and trade those players out of the club?

Though I also think our high performance department is more of a moderate performance department and in big need of a shake up.

I agree.

He hinted he’s going to start dropping players in his after game presser but the seasons shot now so it’s too late.

He needed to make early statements with underperforming senior players after the first two rounds when we were clearly playing terrible. Our JLT form was horrible also.

He puts far too much trust in senior players.

6 Likes

Bottom four side.

Replace coach.

Trade ‘talent’ for consistency

The infuriating this about this is that we’ve been doing it for ten years plus

3 Likes