Got a few hours free on Good Friday?

Looking for volunteers to help out with tin collecting for the Good Friday Appeal, raising money for the Royal Childrens Hospital.  Would either be from 8am til 12 noon, or 12 noon til 4pm.  We'll be at a busy intersection in Collingwood (cue jokes!).  Ideally we need another 2 people for the morning and 6 for the afternoon.

If you can help out, that would be OSSUM! :)

Well done once again Koala. 

sorry, can't help. i'll be on blitz complaining about no footy being played. 

sorry, can't help. i'll be on blitz complaining about no footy being played. 

I'll be on here reading your complaints.

I would help out but , you know, Collingwood and all that...

I know :P

thanks to some amazing Blitzers, we now have enough people for the morning, and just need five for the afternoon :)

just wanted to say thanks again to the Blitzers who helped out today (one of whom ended up on the Herald Sun website!), and to let them know that Sue is now up to her armpit in plaster - yep, she stayed and collected the whole day with a broken arm!

not sure of our total yet, but will pass it on when I know

you guys rock! :)

just wanted to say thanks again to the Blitzers who helped out today (one of whom ended up on the Herald Sun website!), and to let them know that Sue is now up to her armpit in plaster - yep, she stayed and collected the whole day with a broken arm!

not sure of our total yet, but will pass it on when I know

you guys rock! :)

Big kudos to whoever Sue is.

so we ended up collecting $7055.10! It was the highest collection for a new intersection, so thanks YET AGAIN to everyone that helped!

:wub:

Did she break her arm on the day?

yep.  Fell over just as we got started, and admitted her arm was sore, but she's one of the most stubborn people you'll meet, and she wouldn't go and get it looked at (or even dash to the chemist to get a sling!)