Grade the season - 2021

Prefer the Coodabeens grading system myself
RHG
A significant improvement on last year’s NTHAGHLAT

I did just change the title of the thread from “grade the year 2021” to “grade the season 2021”. My grade for 2021 the year would be slightly different!

B+ for sure.

Everyone in the faculty felt like we should have been taking vegie maths and remedial english this year. But we got a hot uni-student tutor in the summer break, worked hard and came back with study notes.

We also asked the the head cheerleader out to the prom. She said yes, but then we realised it was a joke when we got punched in the guts by her ‘ex’ boyfriend Vinnie, as we walked in arm in arm to the hall. Jerk.

2 Likes

tudors dormer

2 Likes

Edit - Correction

1 Like

Anyone giving us less than an A-, get your head read.

If we win today, it’s an A+. A loss today doesn’t drop you 2 grades.

A for mine.

3 Likes

I give no mark as personally means fck all… I went to 7 games this season with my son and throughly enjoyed it, what was important for me was the change in our team… eg; we stood taller and washed the urine away and forged a new era… did you all feel that buzz this week and that buzz pre game?? I did and haven’t for a long time… well done Bombers and we look forward to next year. Heads up boys and fear nothing.

4 Likes

C which is a pass. Like where we are heading. Important trade period and preseason draft coming up.

2 Likes

Scores so far are a clear indication that it is too soon for this thread. People are marking the team down based on the second half of the final, rather than across the entire season.

I thought we’d be 10th-14th ish
And the main thing we should’ve been doing was finding our next forward line for a real crack in 2022-23???

We finished 8th. So that’s good.
From individual players, many many more positives than negatives

But I’m not entirely sure we’re that much closer to the next flag forward line. Hooker was good for 8 weeks before Father Time caught up. Jones was a very big positive. Perkins showed a bit.
Snelling took a step. Wright’s been useful, but we should have reservations. Tippa…?

1 Like

I share your reservations but we were the 3rd highest scoring side for the season.

Who did we beat of note and how did we beat them?

I think we played very well for a side that had a lot of kids in it. Second only to Gold Coast. But today showed us why we are still an also ran and will be until we complete a bunch of pieces and get experience.

I really like truck as coach and think we may be on the way. I’m not convinced yet that our draftees this year will be the saviours made out to be yet. Too early to call.

1 Like

If we make anyone out to be the saviour, then we’ve got it wrong.

Whether that’s Rutten or stringer or Perkins or whatever. Delusional.
Club needs to be clinical

I would rate it a B compared to expectations - but as said above you can’t really rate this in isolation. Next year we simply must get back to back finals and win a final.

The movie ‘Moneyball’ taught us that the only measure of a good season is that you win your final game.

This famous quote sums it up for me…

6 Likes

It didn’t feel like it.

More bemoaning that playing Hooker at FF worked exactly as well as I thought it would.

Yep. I’m not convinced yet on Perko. Has done some nice things in games but still a long way to go.

Played again I think Cox would have been given a game. He has that I hate to lose mentality that shines through. Perhaps he wouldn’t have been right in the wet. I think he may have been a forward option though.

I’m with you, @em2009. Eighth on the ladder and a miserable performance in our only final can’t have us an A or B; but the general mood around the club and the promising — though still a long way off it — young players make it a solid C+.

Next year will be. challenging. The end of season celebrations need to be short, and then work really needs to begin. Players need to identify their weaknesses and work hard on them.

I don’t expect a lot of improvement next year. We still need one big, solid back who doesn’t panic under pressure and one big solid forward who kicks goals when they’re needed.

I just hope the mood is retained. I like to see them enjoying their footy.

2 Likes

I rate it a C+ simply because I don’t think we actually played well enough to make finals & better lists failing around us was a bigger factor in playing finals than good consistent performance. We only got 4 wins against sides outside the bottom 5 & still lost to one of them in Rnd 1. Only 1 win against a top 8 side & a few bad beatings by 3 of the top 4.

1 Like