Grand Final spectacle

I like Tom Jones. It should be good. will be disappointing if he doesent play Whats New Pussycat

The acoustics at the G are woeful, but that's not the point.
The point is they are trying to increase the 'value' of a GF ticket so they can justify the exorbitant prices they charge.
No one goes for the music you idiots.

No doubt it helps though. I would hate to go and have rubbish like Delta Goodrem.
I think majority of the Australian public would love a night GF with fireworks, laser shows and some good tunes

No thanks. Day GF all the way. Just fk the entertainment off, it's completely unnecessary. 

The point is they are trying to increase the 'value' of a GF ticket so they can justify the exorbitant prices they charge.

No doubt it helps though. I would hate to go and have rubbish like Delta Goodrem.
I think majority of the Australian public would love a night GF with fireworks, laser shows and some good tunes
No thanks. Day GF all the way. Just fk the entertainment off, it's completely unnecessary.
Yep, hope we never ever see a night GF.
Id prefer seeing 3 games of footy back to back. Put the VFL GF on before hand

Wasn't John Paul Young available?

Neither was Wilbur Wylde obviously. 

This. It's not like the game wouldn't be sold out regardless of whether there's any entertainment or not. And there should be more seats available for members of the clubs playing, Prelim Finals kill the GF for atmosphere every year.

This. It's not like the game wouldn't be sold out regardless of whether there's any entertainment or not. And there should be more seats available for members of the clubs playing, Prelim Finals kill the GF for atmosphere every year.

Don't they play the prelims at night?
The only people pushing for a night GF are the broadcasters, and those at AFL hq who get a bonus for increasing revenue. Hence, they will sell us all down the river for the extra dosh.

The only people pushing for a night GF are the broadcasters, and those at AFL hq who get a bonus for increasing revenue. Hence, they will sell us all down the river for the extra dosh.

Yeah they do, was referring more to the atmosphere you get when there's 50,000-90,000 people who for the most part care very deeply about the result compared to GF day when there's probably 80,000 out of the 100,000 there who are indifferent to the actual result.

Yeah they do, was referring more to the atmosphere you get when there's 50,000-90,000 people who for the most part care very deeply about the result compared to GF day when there's probably 80,000 out of the 100,000 there who are indifferent to the actual result.

I think it's only around 30,000 seats that get allocated to the competing team's members. Too many corporates sitting behind glass windows rather than actual fans contributing to the atmosphere  :unsure:

Tom Jones? Should have got this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JcmQONgXJM

They should get these guys actually. theyre only from NZ so the flights wont cost as much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjt6AJ-X7r0

Saw Tom do a private corporate gig in Hong Kong a little while ago. Still got it- but all a matter of taste I guess. Would wipe the floor with 90% of 'performers' out there today. Just sayin'

Tom is a great performer. No doubt.
But it's not the right fit for the target audience that AFL footy is going to.
The NRL Grand a Final entertainment has smashed the AFL one for the past five years.
I don't expect big name acts. But FFS, at least get one that can perform to the target audience.

Personally, i’d like to see a genuine current performer like Dan Sultan on GF day.

Bruno Mars, although i’m no fan, showed what a performer can do at a sporting event at the superbowl.

Personally, i'd like to see a genuine current performer like Dan Sultan on GF day.
Bruno Mars, although i'm no fan, showed what a performer can do at a sporting event at the superbowl.

And that's the annoying thing. The NFL puts on a great show regardless of whether it is a day or night event.
I went to this years Superbowl and it was the most well organised and well operated event. Not just the day but the week leading up to it.
AFL are second rate and will always be. Unfortunately, they need a Kevin Sheedy type in there who dares to dream and acts on it. Right or wrong. AFL are too conservative and will only hot backwards the way they are going.

One thing…

The AFL in general are holding up GWS, Syd, Brisbane and GC so. I’m assuming they don’t have much of the cash to put towards a performer.

In five years when those teams are sitting on their own and the profits spread through the rest. Of the comp, I hope the put money into the week leading up to the GF and the entertainment at the game.

Entrainment is not key, but it enhances the experience and give the AFL a chance to spread the game to another target market.

Neither was Wilbur Wylde obviously. 

someone mentioned ugly dave gray earlier.

whats ricky may up to lately? been pretty quiet.

Ha. I saw him at the 1995 GF and recall him being rather obviously past his prime even then...so, on the exposed form of the AFL, he'd be perfect for this year's GF.

Personally, i'd like to see a genuine current performer like Dan Sultan on GF day.
Bruno Mars, although i'm no fan, showed what a performer can do at a sporting event at the superbowl.

Wrong types of performers IMHO. You want a stadium rocker. You don't want someone who is based more on actually being able to sing well.

Need someone who just bangs it out, loud. MCG torches everyone else, it always sounds horrendous.

I would like it if I could actually hear them without cranking the volume on the tv.. Temper Trap were ok, but couldn't hear them..

Couldn't hear them, but they were OK?? LOL

They have announced that Tom Jones is headlining the Grand Final entertainment... oh well still better than Meatloaf

Waylon Smithers obviously organising it