Greatest chips of all time?

Ha, yeah they can get a little too much can’t they.

Teaming with Spring or French onion dip sorts that out. …

1 Like

How is this thread still going? We decided the answer was Cheezels like months ago.

Cheezels, ■■■■■, Cheezels

Because I say it does… Have an issue with it??

Cheezels, mo fo, Cheezels

2 Likes

Whats this “We” bullshit?

2 Likes

Cheese balls you say

Yep. The best.

1 Like

Tyrells salt and vinegar.

Pringles

I was addicted to these for 6 months.

Salt and Vinegar is the greatest of all time.

That was the beginning of the flavoured chip. It was the innovator.

3 Likes

SillyBilly please…

Salt and Vinegar chips are horrible.

6 Likes

I was at a business lunch once, and I got served a steak with a delicious jus etc and with Fries on top of the steak.

That’s right, Fries, the twiggy little potato chips.

And when you think about it, why not? It’s just salty potato, in a unique shape, adding a crunchy texture to the plate.

It got some looks amongst all those around the boardroom table, before we tucked in, but I can assure you that it was a delicious master-stroke. Credit to the chef for being brave enough to do it.

PS. At another business lunch, I had prawns with aioli on top. I’m still suspicious that the aioli was infused with essence of Burger Ring, but there is no way to verify. But when you think about it, why not use chips in this way???.. now I want to try to replicate these dishes…

Potato: Smith’s crinkle cut - salt and vinegar or chicken are the relevant flavours
Corn: Pringles Corn Chips(original flavour) or Woolies organic corn chips.

It would be hard to settle on one chip.

Maybe if these gems still existed:

Red Rock Deli Onion and Mustard pack tons of flavour

bring back munchcheros! i never got to try them.

At a kids birthday party recently and legit pushed kids aside - a la George Costanza- for the bowl of Cheezels.

5 Likes

Burger Rings or GTFO.

ah… and Toobs.

GTFO.

1 Like

It is little appreciated that chips add a perky crunch to sandwiches - esp. S&Vs in a sausage sarnie.

This of course, leads us to the wider topic of Chip Butties - but we are now talking hot chips & heavily buttered white bread, so perhaps a bridge too far for this thread.