Grog Squad

My first recollections of the grog squad date back to the 1950s/1960s, behind the goals at Windy Hill. In those days beer was sold in cans which littered the slopes of the outer. So it is today, be it at the G or Etihad, I reckon the Grog Squad is the longest standing coterie of the club.

Its unique. No other coterie offers you the opportunity to sing a song at every game, to celebrate what a ■■■■ part of Sydney GWS comes from, to serenade the various family relationships opposition teams have, rejoice in the prowess of Joey Daniher or chant at any opposition player who farks up.

Grog squad basically died in 2016. There was only 5-6 people in it.

Yeh / Nah, VS, I did detect a reduction in enthusiasm in the grog squad, but you are wrong abut the numbers. I counted at least 8-10 each week.
However, it will be back, bigger than ever in 2017.

Already begun Chris. Who could forget the “We hate Collingwood, We hate Coll-ing-wood” chant last month?

The squad was dead most of the year, there were games when it was a ghost town at the G. looking forward to it this year.

1 Like

Damn auto-correct… So is there a hawthorn song?

1 Like

Il be there round 1, look for me. J

Which end of the ground will the grog/cheersquads be? A mate is coming over from Adelaide for the game and got tickets in M4 - he’s worried about being near the Hawthorn neanderthals.

For Home Games the Grog squad stands behind seating aisles M3 and M4, directly behind the cheer squad./goals
At big games it might be diffused across 2-3 standing room areas.
Enter at Gate 4 ( Richmond End ), stay on ground level and not surprisingly the Grog Squad is right next to the Bar which is on your right as you come in the gate.

The Hawthorn game is our home game so the above should apply

1 Like

SEE YOU ROUND 1

The three blokes in the active supporter area will be devastated.

CLAP CLAP CLAP

It’s good to have the GS back this year.

Could this work for us

Does anyone have a contact for the Grog/Bomber/EFC cheersquad? We are travelling up for the Gold Coast game and keen to get involved.

■■■■■■■ epic tonight.

Credit to all who were there.

3 Likes

IS THERE A FIRE DRILL

4 Likes

Twooooooooooooooo

:v:

1 Like

Any videos?

YOURE NOT BEN MCKAY

1 Like