Grog Squad

Our home seats are in aisle 37 level 1. Every year the Hawthorn loud mouths stand behind the Essendon bay picking fights and chanting stupid but provocative rhymes. I’ve complained at their threatening behaviour during play and at the breaks if an Essendon supporter wants to get past. The weak attendant says to write a letter and the cops say they are a menace but neither does anything.

I encourage our chanting machine to leave the back of our cheer squad during our home games against Hawthorn and take up the space behind bay 37 to beat them at their nasty game. You know the usual stuff, drug team etc. The cheer squad can hold its own but the mixture of old and young Bombers fans who are getting better at it to some degree, need some help please.

The best bit was they went quiet in the 3rd until the bitter end and claimed to be happy, but they were really only relieved. Very impressed with our team.

BRUUUUUUUUEST THERE IT IS

Right up there with a few years ago RUFF RUFF ROUGHEAD.

What a gigantic piece of cow dung supporter base.

Please stop doing we are Essendon after every goal. It’s embarrassing and takes away it’s meaning.

Right up there with a few years ago RUFF RUFF ROUGHEAD.

What a gigantic piece of cow dung supporter base.

Yeah moved up to level 2 at half time. To many morons on both sides. But they take the cake at lameness, that chant especially. At least pies fans weren't massive smug wankers after winning a flag.

Heading back to the grog squad this week. Nothing like the grog squad in full voice against the scum.

Very, very good on Sunday night. 

Please stop doing we are Essendon after every goal. It's embarrassing and takes away it's meaning.

What's its meaning?

I could hear the grog squad from M7 last night.

Whats the Fletcher Lyrics? It sounds similar to Geelong's Paul Chapman chant or did they steal that from us?

Whats the Fletcher Lyrics? It sounds similar to Geelong's Paul Chapman chant or did they steal that from us?

We love you Fletcher

because you've got red hair

We love you Fletcher

because you're everywhere

We love you Fletcher

You're Essendon through & through

we could hear the Fletcher chant from N24!

Grog Squad started off a bit thin but was completely full by half time. Great work people! It was so good giving it to those scum as they tried to slip out unnoticed.

Love the Merrett chant. Roger etc.

Please stop doing we are Essendon after every goal. It's embarrassing and takes away it's meaning.

What's its meaning?

It's more of a "■■■■ you" or "we're better than you chant". It just sounds bad when we do it when we're down or beating GWS or something. Also after every single goal it also gets boring. It's just my opinion (but I know a lot of others who agree)

- megz

did i hear the crowd doing the drone style chant as well? please don't, leave it to *****ingwood

We love you Fletcher

because you've got red hair

We love you Fletcher

because you're everywhere

We love you Fletcher

You're Essendon through & through

you guys should print a little book with the lyrics so the crowd can join in when you sing

What's its meaning?
It's more of a "fark you" or "we're better than you chant". It just sounds bad when we do it when we're down or beating GWS or something. Also after every single goal it also gets boring. It's just my opinion (but I know a lot of others who agree)
- megz

Agree.
From memory it came about when Hird started coaching. It meant a lot as I think a lot of supporters felt the club lost it's culture, tradition and it's heritage under Knights. Hird returning to the club gave the fans their sense of belonging and familiarity again.
I felt the chant was about "we are back", "we are united" & "we are proud".

did i hear the crowd doing the drone style chant as well? please don't, leave it to *****ingwood

Yeah. That was the cheer squad not the grog squad. Dont like it

What's its meaning?
It's more of a "fark you" or "we're better than you chant". It just sounds bad when we do it when we're down or beating GWS or something. Also after every single goal it also gets boring. It's just my opinion (but I know a lot of others who agree)
- megz

Agree.
From memory it came about when Hird started coaching. It meant a lot as I think a lot of supporters felt the club lost it's culture, tradition and it's heritage under Knights. Hird returning to the club gave the fans their sense of belonging and familiarity again.
I felt the chant was about "we are back", "we are united" & "we are proud".

started before 2011.

Yeah. That was the cheer squad not the grog squad. Dont like it

dear cheer squad, 

please do not do this chant. 

regards,

pre

Cheer squad needs to slow we are essendon down.