Grog Squad

You carnts better be in fine form tonight!

I expect you to get a Mexican wave going and the whole crowd to chant: “PPPPPPAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYY” just to show him and our players we love them all!

Farking get amped!

You carnts better be in fine form tonight!
I expect you to get a Mexican wave going and the whole crowd to chant: "PPPPPPAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYY" just to show him and our players we love them all!
Farking get amped!

The Essendon Wave, I like it. 

Still searching the site, there used to be a lyrics page I’m sure. Must have gone down in the great blitz crash of 13?

Yes, it was on the old MK.

Most of the chants can be changed to suit whomever we're playing its just that some are more appropriate to the fanbase than others. For tomorrow (to the tune of you are my sunshine) "You are a bogan, a magpie bogan , you're only happy on pension day. Your mums out stealing, your dads drug dealing so please don't take my hubcaps away".

Am LMAO…Wife giving me dirty bewildered looks other side of the office.

You forgot the crucial “da da da da, duh duh; da da da da, duh duh; da da da da, da da da da, da da da da, duh duh” bit :)
A security tard came up to me near the end of the game & said "you won't be singing that chant next week" (meaning the Adams family). Its like the MCG & Dome hire a new tosspot every year who thinks he's the new sheriff who's gunna clean up the city. Look forward to hearing the chant loud & clear again on Saturday!

For someone who has never had the pleasure of hearing the Grog Squad (maybe this year) .

Was the security guy a Collingwood supporter or is it the words to the song.

If it’s the words, would love to know them, so I can practice, lol. Are the Grog Squad near/behind goals (cheersquad end) at Etihad, hoping to get to the Brisbane game (if my roster stays the same).

“Your sister is your mother, your uncle is your father, you always fark each other, the (insert team) family”.

You forgot the crucial “da da da da, duh duh; da da da da, duh duh; da da da da, da da da da, da da da da, duh duh” bit :)

Have read this before but reading these two posts again started the giggles now I am ROFL.

Stay safe tonight. Fark those Richmond ferals.

Tonight is going to be beyond feral! Come one come all! Let’s give it to these carntz…

Grog squad in full voice tonight!

Hope we have a good Grog Squad turn up tonight :wink:

Any new chants this year guys? I can pick up most of them but the Goddard one still has me stumped.

The ants go marching 2 by 2 Goddard???

I spent the 2nd half of the Carlton match with the grog squad and it was fantastic. You guys are hilarious!

What was also awesome was when I tapped a lovely lady on the shoulder in front of me and asked her if she was a blitzer. She turned around with a big smile and showed me her membership lanyard which had her name as “Katherine Lio”. Holy crap you are Katy Lio! We voted you in!

What a great moment to spend the third quarter chanting “we hate Carlton!” With our newest board member.

You are a legend Katy, and the grog squad are all gods.

Thank you for making my trip from bris-vegas such a memorable one. Especially to the cops who kicked out that carlton turd for shouting “peptides” over and over again like he was being witty or relevant. He was neither.

Gotta love dingbats that just call out peptides. Aren’t most peptides legal? And used by athletes and football clubs?

A security tard came up to me near the end of the game & said “you won’t be singing that chant next week” (meaning the Adams family). Its like the MCG & Dome hire a new tosspot every year who thinks he’s the new sheriff who’s gunna clean up the city. Look forward to hearing the chant loud & clear again on Saturday!

I spent the 2nd half of the Carlton match with the grog squad and it was fantastic. You guys are hilarious!

What was also awesome was when I tapped a lovely lady on the shoulder in front of me and asked her if she was a blitzer. She turned around with a big smile and showed me her membership lanyard which had her name as “Katherine Lio”. Holy crap you are Katy Lio! We voted you in!

What a great moment to spend the third quarter chanting “we hate Carlton!” With our newest board member.

Thank you for making my trip from bris-vegas such a memorable one. Especially to the cops who kicked out that carlton turd for shouting “peptides” over and over again like he was being witty or relevant. He was neither.

Yep, the Grog squad really livens up the match day experience, so much so that I tend to leave my seat and come down to the grog squad more and more.
It is priceless to see the look on peoples faces in the reserved seating in front when they turn around after they first hear the words of the Addams Family.
The grog squad has made footy a lot more fun for me.

Yep, the Grog squad really livens up the match day experience, so much so that I tend to leave my seat and come down to the grog squad more and more.
It is priceless to see the look on peoples faces in the reserved seating in front when they turn around after they first hear the words of the Addams Family.

I’ve been standing in the squad every game for the last three years and it really does feel like an extended family. I’ve met and made friends with some great people and shared the love of our great club.
We’ve gone through the highs and lows together, and I can tell you now, there is no better feeling than going absolutely crazy after a close win. The Hawthorn game was the most incredible experience.
The Grog Squad is what makes attending games so special.
Everyone get down behind the goals, once you’ve ecer

I havent sat in my reserved seat for the last 4 years. It’s grog squad or nothing for me. The best part of it for me is not the chanting, swearing, yelling, singing, its the comaraderie. Spending time with people who are just as passionate about our club as I am. I’ve met so many great characters and made some really good friends. It really does feel like a family.

I can tell you now, there is no better feeling than going absolutely crazy after a close win. The hugging, crying and singing of the song is exhilarating. The Hawthorn game two weeks ago was one of the greatest experiences I’ve ever had at the football.

Lets get a huge number down there this Saturday for Anzac Day!

I’ve stood behind the Grog Squad a few times and enjoyed their work without really immersing myself in there … might have to come down and lend my voice to the cause :wink:

Hurry Hurry. Standing is limited.

A security tard came up to me near the end of the game & said "you won't be singing that chant next week" (meaning the Adams family). Its like the MCG & Dome hire a new tosspot every year who thinks he's the new sheriff who's gunna clean up the city. Look forward to hearing the chant loud & clear again on Saturday!

For someone who has never had the pleasure of hearing the Grog Squad (maybe this year) .

Was the security guy a Collingwood supporter or is it the words to the song.

If it’s the words, would love to know them, so I can practice, lol. Are the Grog Squad near/behind goals (cheersquad end) at Etihad, hoping to get to the Brisbane game (if my roster stays the same).

Etihad: back of bay 48 (Southern Cross railway station end)

Many thanks DJR.