Guess the location (a new game)

Easy one

Louvre, Paris.
Have never seen it that quiet though!

When I was backpacking in Europe, we were in Paris for only 4 days. The first couple of days we did other things. On the third day, we turned up to the Louvre and the queue was about a km long. We decided to come back earlier the following day. Which we duly did, only to find it was a public holiday in France (May Day) and it was closed. And so, I never got to go there, never got to see its feted items, and have never been back to France…

Chiming in a little late and i know people have guessed Berlin, but that joint on the right is club der visionare right? Did you check it out? Awesome place to chill after a couple of big nights.

2 Likes

Ha, we have been to Paris probably a dozen times or so and have been inside the Louvre just once. My wife isn’t really into art and refuses to line up for hours but we do like to grab a baguette and pick a shady part of the outside area to sit and relax in. The barriers and fences that have been erected are quite ugly and have spoiled it just like the Eiffel Tower has been

I’ve been to Paris twice and went to Louvre both times. Both times it was almost impossible to take in the Mona Lisa, but Venus de Milo was fine. Musée d’Orsay is a better time, imo.

2 Likes

Sorry about the photo quality as it’s taken from a moving taxi as we were heading to the airport.

Its a mosque which is blue so I’m going to guess the Blue Mosque?

Istanbul?

Not Turkey

Far out, out of this thread for a couple of hours and miss one of my favourites (although wasn’t 100% on whether that was the sun or the moon!). Teotihuacan is fantastic. The scale of the place is amazing. In my top 3 piles of rocks in Mexico, quite probably #1 (with Palenque and Uxmal. Chichen Itza is overrated and overrun by cruise ship tourists).

2 Likes

Particularly after you’d been slav-ing over it for a while.

2 Likes

Guessing somewhere in the former Mughal empire. Air looks hazy, so I’ll say Dehli.

was early in the morning

Not India and I think the window tint might contribute to the haziness

Dubai?

Morocco?

Malaysia?

Don’t think it’s Malaysia as I only see Arabic writing.

No to all.

The Middle East?