Guess the location (a new game)

No. Not UK.

I know it’s in Berlin but don’t know it’s name. What happened to the building? Is it not there anymore?

Yeah, Cafe Zapata in Berlin. It was operating out of an effectively abandoned (If not condemned) building when I was there in 1995. It obviously stayed on a fair while longer because it seems it only recently closed down. Looking at Google Streetview, the building is still there (or the frontage is at least…) but the beer garden bit has been built upon. A shame…
A great pub with a laidback outdoor beer garden filled with broken crockery mosaics, partially sunken buses and rusted out Trauberts. I saw a German band there one night who sounded like The Wall-era Pink Floyd. No idea what they were called, but they were great.

2 Likes

@Aceman ?

Sorry, didn’t realise it was me who is up.

1 Like

Should have invoked the 14 hour rule…

1 Like

I’ve heard of the 3 second rule. 14 hours sounds like a good way to get food poisoning.

1 Like

Karnak?

1 Like

Nice pic. It looks Assyrian.

Nimrud?

Hope it escaped those ISIS RSoles vandalism.

No to both.

Is it Persepolis?

Sure is.
The gates of Xerxes.
Few pics of Persepolis

4 Likes

Fantastic, would love to go.

Meanwhile, where be this?
Looking for the city. And for bonus Blitzcoins, can you name the beach & the location from where the pic was taken?

Somewhere around Palm Beach/Fort Lauderdale?

Cars appear to be driving on the left and looks to be a cricket pitch on that oval so maybe Australia?

1 Like

I should have zoomed in. Definitely looks like OZ. Somewhere in NSW. Sydney? Manly?

Buildings too new for Eastern suburbs of Sydney and the sand is whiter than Sydney as well.
Sunshine Coast?

Not Australia

New Zealand?

No bro