Nope

Lake Moraine

Lake Louise, Canada

No and no

Are we in the right country?

Long shot Gokyo valley?

Colorado river

Lake Powell?

Well done, though I’ve never heard it referred to as ‘valley’. 4th lake at Gokyo next to the village. 25km southwest of Everest for those unfamiliar. Gokyo Ri rises from the north bank and is worth the struggle to the 5400m peak for an unbeatable view of the biggun

1 Like

I had a friend that lived in Nepal for 3 years doing Misson work. Last time I saw him back in Perth he had a huge picture in his room similar to yours.
Someone else can have a go i want guess some more pics😎

Did you do a trek to Everest ? Or was it a 16 day tour of the lakes?
@Mackster usually has some good pics :grinning:

10 day trek from Lukla return. Seemed a good alternative to base camp as I wanted to avoid the crowds and many say the views are better. Just me and a young guide I picked up in Kathmandu, who did the whole trek in thongs. Got lucky with the weather, was quite literally awesome.

2 Likes

Yeah like I said my mates whole family went through Nepal to live a work, their trade off was taking some of the best pics that just burn into the back of my mind when I saw yours. His actually had a plaque valley of the lakes.

He also mentioned Ama Dablam trek and Langtang.
Nice culture, nice people.

Yeah, the return trail went past Ama Dablam at Tengboche. I was living in Northcote at the time. The lodge I stayed in at Gokyo had 2 other guests when I was there, one of them a school teacher from, yep, Northcote. It was early 2001 and I passed a guy going the other way in an Eagles jumper, so couldn’t resist a sledge. Wasn’t your Perth buddy by any chance?

1 Like

Yeah he’s mad Eagles supporter although nearly all West Aussies are. His name’s Liam. Haven’t seen him for a few years now but I believe he and his family did go back over every few years or so… Wow small world. :grinning:

2 Likes

Anyone wanna post a pic?

OK. What are we looking at, and where was the pic taken from?

IMG

Not the best pic of the place but the only one I can find at short notice.

Cairns?