Guess the location (a new game)

In the Yarra Valley somewhere? Just outside of Healesville? Lake Mountain even?

No, but probably closer than the Grampians

Up near Falls Creek?

Now we’re talking…

No one is as bad as me at this game.

1 Like

Royston?

Guy

1 Like

Correct!!

Lake Guy, Bogong Village.

Interesting reading the history of the Kiewa Power scheme.

Serving dinner - someone go…

That’s the one - couldnae think of it’s damned name off the top of my head…

1 Like

Have a go, @davethedon is getting the dinner on…

Righto, I’ll deputise for the time being (@davethedon feel free to jump in any time…)

The Ancient Hidden Lost City of Hindonis

Pak Ou caves, Laos.
Fantastic place in an amazing country

1 Like

I think I was close enough, there.

1 Like

Did you go to Ban Xang Hai and taste the local whisky?

Just in the process of planning a trip there next Jan. Thinking of a couple of days in Bangkok & up to a week in & around Luang Prabang but unsure what to do with the rest of the time: Vientiane & Vang Vieng on the way to LP? Excursions from BKK (Kanchanaburi)? Siem Reap again? Beach time in Southern Thailand? Thoughts welcome…

Definitely recommend heading out to Kanchanaburi.
If you are pressed for time you can taxi or mini bus it out there but a far better experience is to take the train from Thonburi station in Bangkok and enjoy the scenery and go over the actual bridge on the river Kwai. We caught the train out there for about $2.80 (approximately 3 hours) and stayed for 2 nights at Kanchanaburi to check out the cemetery’s the Wampo viaduct and Hellsfire pass aswell as several other historical sites. Quite an eye opener and hard to keep a dry eye.
I also highly recommend the train up to Chiang Mai which is a fantastic city. Chiang Rai is also fantastic and from there you can travel to the border town of Huay Xa and take the slow boat up the Mekong to Luang Prabang. You pretty much can’t go wrong anywhere in Thailand or Laos, Vientiane is a pretty laid back place where you can easily spend a couple of days. Internal flights are cheap so you could head to Phuket or Krabi for a few days if you want to relax on a beach

1 Like

Not there in particular, but certainly plenty of the local Laothian whiskey still there…

Fairly easy one