Guess the location (a new game)

JR, when I was in Tokyo we went to the Earthquake Discovery Centre (exact name escapes me now). They had a small room set-up in which they’d give you a helmet and then be subjected to earthquakes of varying magnitudes and periods, as a demonstration of what they feel like and what you should/shouldn’t do in them.
I don’t think anything went beyond a 5, and then it was only for 30 seconds or so. Even these relatively low magnitude and harmless exercises were strange, odd, awkward, shocking. I really can’t imagine what the real thing would be like.

@Aceman, is that in Laos?

1 Like

Negative

Total guess - Tsunami memorial Thailand

:-1:

Not the cemetery at Port Moresby, is it? I remember that was pretty picturesque.

No.
In Asia and PNG, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia are all incorrect

You can fly in-out of Darwin & use a mob like this:

Which are decked out with all your needs & can be taken off road.
Do the loop to Broome, Gibb River one way, highway on the way back with a detour to the Bungle Bungles.
Can do in 2 weeks, but 3 weeks would be at a more comfortable pace

3 Likes

Vietnam…

No.
I had forgotten about this.
Will give some clues soon if no correct guesses. Thought it was a fairly easy one

It’s been 4 days man - clues!

1 Like

Its in Asia and it’s not Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Laos, China, Japan. Look further West

1 Like

India?

Yes, bonus point for city otherwise I can reveal and move the game along

Hmmm. Could it be the Ghandi Memorial in Delhi…?

(thanks Google)

1 Like

Yes it is.
The photo is of Martyr’s Column at Gandhi Smriti (Gandhi Memorial) in New Delhi.
The Column marks the exact spot where Gandhi was assassinated. The old mansion and gardens were turned into a memorial and contains a small museum and you can tour the room and property where Gandhi spent his last 6 months living. It’s quite peaceful and not as chaotic as many other tourist spots in India

1 Like

K then.
Where be this?

Judging by the back of that boat, it’s Whitby in Yorkshire. Great fish and chips, BTW.

1 Like

Damn, I missed that.
But its not Whitby.

Oh dammit!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The hikers are a bit of a give away