Gumby out 12 weeks for Freo

Shouldn't this go under Non Essendon Stuff?

Career after football.

The only bloke who I would like to see kicking goals for another club…

Have a year off and tour the world, free accom just outside Paris this yr.

Feel sorry for him.

No. He's one of us.

We actually did well getting anything for him, he is never going to fully make it, his body just isn't up to the rigours of footy.
It is a shame for the guy.

you go under non Essendon stuff

I can’t say I’m surprised. Poor ■■■■■■■.

Even though indeed sorry for him, I sort of don’t think he’d want people to. Got to play at AFL level, got to play for the greatest club in the world, lived with Jobe. Plenty of experiences more people won’t have than will. (He’s only 25…Sheeds will be sniffing aroun)

Poor lad, was genuinely hoping he got a proper chance at making it. How long is his contract there?

No. He's one of us.
What, always watching from the sidelines?

Poor lad, was genuinely hoping he got a proper chance at making it. How long is his contract there?

1 yr only I think.

1 yr only I think.

I think that there was also some sort of trigger for a second year.

Hopefully he can recover and play the second half of the year.

Still has half a season to make an impact. Wish him all the best, deserves some luck.

Gee, our medical staff must have been good...

Disagree with  that. If they were any good, they could have made the diagnosis in his first year, or in his second year, or in his third year, or in his fourth year, or in his fifth year...etc.

If the medical team were REALLY good, they would have recognized the problem before we burnt our highest ever draft pick on him. Yes, that one that we tanked to get.

Gee, our medical staff must have been good...

Disagree with  that. If they were any good, they could have made the diagnosis in his first year, or in his second year, or in his third year, or in his fourth year, or in his fifth year...etc.

If the medical team were REALLY good, they would have recognized the problem before we burnt our highest ever draft pick on him. Yes, that one that we tanked to get.

Don't think it's the medical teams fault. Granted I was one who claimed prolly after the 3rd or 4th year that they should try and trade him, that was merely based on a guess he's body would never get right, and taking emotion out of it, but doubt the medical staff can take as careless an approach as supporters can.

Sometimes players bodies just won't allow them to stand up to the rigors of AFL footy. Winderlich also comes to mind.

Note to self: avoid making with the funnies.

It was with mixed feelings to have Gumby leave, but Essendon tried to get him right and now he's Fremantle's concern.

In the end we got pick 55 for Gumby, and he's hoping Orazio Fantasia gets a much better run.

It was with mixed feelings to have Gumby leave, but Essendon tried to get him right and now he's Fremantle's concern.

In the end we got pick 55 for Gumby, and he's hoping Orazio Fantasia gets a much better run.

Apparently "Fanta" originated in Nazi Germany during the war when the German Cocacola factory ran out of the ingredients necessary to produce their signature product and then, unlike the Nazis, went on to take the world by storm.

A positive omen perhaps?

Apparently "Fanta" originated in Nazi Germany during the war when the German Cocacola factory ran out of the ingredients necessary to produce their signature product and then, unlike the Nazis, went on to take the world by storm.

A positive omen perhaps?

I don't believe you.