Gumby

Singing his praises a LOT in the media this last week over here in the West.. I will be happy for him, but ■■■■■■ as well, if he starts to play some good consistent footy.

IF stayed would have been basically taking Bellchambers spot for the first few rounds.

Losing gumbie and cramery in the one year will hurt…

Hope he goes well.

Dahhhh

this thread should be in the hangar.

sniff. there's something in my eye

Phew. Up till now I‘d assumed Poochie had died on his way back to his home planet.

Flying every second week can only prolong his career

How any years did he get?

Good luck to him.

I can only wish him well…less well of course in games against the Bombers :slight_smile:

If we can't win the Flag this year (lets face it, we'd all be staggered if we did), then I hope Freo win it and Gumby plays an important role in the Flag.

The Bulldogs however, can go and get F*CKED !!!

If we can't win the Flag this year (lets face it, we'd all be staggered if we did), then I hope Freo win it and Gumby plays an important role in the Flag.

Gumby would kick 8, the other team would kick 9, and Freo would lose.
Stewie “I wanna play in the midfield” Crameri is going to get a nasty shock at Footscray. At least sometimes at Essendon he didn‘t get the opposition gorilla — no chance of that at his new club.

Screw him to Hell and back.

Then back again.

He'll do exactly the same for Freo as he did for us.  Work incredibly hard, get injured constantly, not be in their best 22.  

We pretty much got the same article every year. They've just changed the team.

He'll do exactly the same for Freo as he did for us.  Work incredibly hard, get injured constantly, not be in their best 22.  

all this without jobes spag bol.

why gumby. why.

Gumby would kick 8, the other team would kick 9, and Freo would lose.
Stewie “I wanna play in the midfield” Crameri is going to get a nasty shock at Footscray. At least sometimes at Essendon he didn‘t get the opposition gorilla — no chance of that at his new club.

On that note, I hope we create a Stewart Crameri shaped hole in the ground when we play them. And create it using Stewart Crameri.

Gumby, with 30 odd games in 7 years, is unlikely to have a sustained career from here. I hope he does well but it is unlikely. He is still so inexperienced in terms of games played.

I share the other sentiments expressed above about Crameri.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-02-04/gumby-in-the-frame

Gumbleton in the frame for round

Alex Malcolm  February 4, 2014 3:19 PM

309241-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Scott Gumbleton is making a bold bid for selection in round one

RELATED
SCOTT Gumbleton has put himself in line for selection in Fremantle's round-one team after a phenomenal pre-season, Dockers assistant coach Peter Sumich says.
Competition for places in the Fremantle team is extremely tough, with more than 30 players participating fully in pre-season.
Sumich says the 25-year-old Gumbleton, who was traded to Fremantle at the end of last season after seven years at Essendon, had been very impressive throughout the summer and was making life tough for the match committee.
"I don't think he's missed a session.
"He might have come off half a session just because we were looking after him because he hasn't missed one.
"He's been terrific. He'll be an interesting inclusion for us."
Sumich said the round-one side had tended to select itself in previous seasons, but the depth this year was the best he had seen in his time at the club.
"Talking about it with Ross (Lyon) earlier, our first year (2012) we only had eight or nine on the track pre-Christmas and then about 18 to 20 after," Sumich said.
"This year we've had in the 30s (training) for most of the pre-season so it's always going to be competitive for spots."
Another new recruit pushing for selection is Colin Sylvia.
The former Demon has been kept away from the main group for much of the pre-season as he has managed various niggles, but he joined full training this week.
"He had a slight hiccup with a leg injury but he's fine," Sumich said.
"He's out there and training really well and looking good."
Sumich said Sylvia might not be ready for the first NAB Challenge match against West Coast on February 18, but he could play the following week against the Western Bulldogs.
One man who definitely won't play in the NAB Challenge is Zac Clarke as he recovers from his knee injury suffered on New Year's Eve.
Sumich hoped Clarke would return to full training next week and be ready to play by round one.
"He's tracking along well.
"Hopefully he'll be ready for round one. That's our aim and we'll go from there."
The man who has impressed Sumich the most throughout the pre-season has been captain Matthew Pavlich.
After consecutive pre-seasons plagued by injury Sumich says the 32-year-old is in tremendous shape ahead of his 15th season in the AFL
"He's done everything, his body is sound; he's looking good."