Gumtree D*ckheads

Oh totally. 100% true.

I think youve mainly bought, and haven’t sold enough to truly encounter the gumtree scum. Nobody is going to bargain down on tickets at face value (particularly if show is sold out). However everything I have ever sold on there I have encountered a total ■■■■■■ who insists over and over on offering an amount that’s 1/8th of what I asked for.

2 Likes

Maybe you’re just greedy :wink:

(Have had pleny of lowball offers myself, though not from those who’ve actually turned up)

Fella I bought the shed off recently said the reason he held it for & sold it to me for the $100, was because I was the only one that rang, rather than made an offer over GT. I personally wouldn’t do anything other than call (unless I can’t).

So maybe the trick is to say Call ONLY?

That way people have to actually go to some effort, (sign in, get code sent to see number, enter said code, then actually call …etc), and it might eliminate, or curtail at least, the DH tire kickers?

Yep. Although I’ve never needed a code to get the number if I’m signed in.

I’ve found Asian clothes sizes are 2 larger. Ie small here = large there, M =XL and so on.

R to the ACIST

Yeah it appears that way.
Though they did list a sizing chart and it was that which was well out. ie they said 109 hips for a 32, I’m ~105 and the shorts came nowhere near fitting.

Right, … one or the other then …?

I suppose, never looked too closely TBH and I only buy things very infrequently

Fair enough.

2 Likes

I sold some concert tickets at face value, for a show in Sydney I couldn’t get to, so because I’m in Brisbane, I told this idiot I needed cash first and he said I was trying to scam him. I said fine, go and report me

I’ve sold a fair bit of stuff on Gumtree (mostly furniture that the gf picks up from hard rubbish, I fix up, then she decides doesn’t fit anywhere in our apartment after I told her that in the first place). My system…

• Post the ad first thing in the morning on a day I have free
  • Photos from different angles, plus dimensions
  • The price I want, with a “delivery fee” taken off and offered as an extra (eg: I want $150, so offer for $120 plus $30 to deliver)

By 4pm it’s out of my life plus I have the cash in hand. Every time. Without fail.

Impulse buyers can’t resist the option of someone bringing it over and putting it inside for them.

2 Likes

I like the idea of optional delivery fee. That way it puts the onus on them to pick up, and that part of the fee is covered

I ordered some sandstone for landscaping and got waaaay too much of it. Had about half a cubic meter left over in the front yard. Put it on Gummy, free, it was gone in 48hrs

1 Like

Give it to them for free!

3 Likes

People across the road give away free ■■■■ all the time. They just slap a free sticker over it and it’s always gone within hours.

How much of their free crap have you taken home?

Was going to but I keep getting beaten to the punch.

Copy their sticker format and whack one on their mailbox. Or dog.

1 Like