GWS players coming home

Think we would need to have a good season and hopefully have the Asada crap behind us.

No doubt one or two conversations with Jimmy could sway a couple of lads

Could seriously see the AFL intervening if Giants had an exodus of players

We'd definitely be in the running. Could see us offering 500k+.

Those days are over my friend. 

If we genuinely want a gun, we will need to be prepared to throw up close to 1 mill per year. 

Now that we know contracts are irrelevant, the next year or two should throw up plenty of opportunities for disco. 

Do we have the salary cap though? We’re pretty tight apparently despite Ryder leaving. Would Chappy and Licha free some cash up?

If we genuinely want a gun, we will need to be prepared to throw up close to 1 mill per year. 

Now that we know contracts are irrelevant, the next year or two should throw up plenty of opportunities for disco. 

I dont think we'll be that model of club.

We offer the best facilities, the biggest supporter base, the biggest H&A games,

a 140 yr history, & a good chance at the big prize.

We follow the Hawks Cats methodology. No million dollar men thanks, it's 5 -6 - 700k & a team that wins flags.

Who would have thought that using every concession they were given to get draft picks instead of players would backfire? Eat it, GWS.

600k Will Hoskin-Elliott 5yrs

Treloar would be awesome.
Would not surprise me if the AFL invent an allowance to keep GWS afloat.

It would almost be worth the AFL letting them have COLA just to see the meltdown Sydney would have.

I dont think we'll be that model of club.

We offer the best facilities, the biggest supporter base, the biggest H&A games,

a 140 yr history, & a good chance at the big prize.

We follow the Hawks Cats methodology. No million dollar men thanks, it's 5 -6 - 700k & a team that wins flags.

I'll tell you, Hirdy must be seriously good at talking to individuals and convincing them to join the club or stay on. Players really want to play under him, I think he must be an absolute genius. As you said BSD, a top four/six finish could go a long way in securing top talent, and help us avoid bottoming out, as we have a gaping hole in our list from ages of 25-27. These players coming from unusual circumstances would develop a lot quicker than the norm, thus being able to regenerate the list and allow a flag tilt much quicker.

IMO I see our list at the point where we're hoping for a 5/6th finish in 2015 then hoping to grab a flag from 2/3rd in 2016. Scrap the list there - have the core youngsters (Carlisle, Hurley, Heppell, Merrett, JoeDan, Edwards, Hams, McKenna etc.) Goddards contract would be up after 2016, so could easily back end a GWS players contract. Goddards contract would fall by at least 300k. Maybe he'd be offered 1mil over three. With AFL also paying part with the veterans salary.

Anyway, there's probably one thing we need completely wrapped up by this time next year. Hopefully ALOT sooner. 

Which GWS players are managed by Connors and Pickering?
I would be putting money on players leaving being managed by one of those two.

We should NEVER EVER sign any players represented by that shitstain Connors. And probably make this public knowledge.

He's the one. 

Will be a lot of focus on Dangerfield next year, Carlton will mortgage the farm to get Cameron, there will be a lot of competition to poach the others. 

Make it happen Adrian. 

We should NEVER EVER sign any players represented by that shitstain Connors. And probably make this public knowledge.

Nah, we just need to be a hell of a lot better at playing the game AT. 

Pickering did the same thing to GWS with Boyd. That is the way the game is played now. 

We need to have strong relationships with player managers.

We could learn a hell of a lot from the Hawks in this regard. 

Noble Park eh. Imagine if we'd had the foresight to target another Noble Park product, might get us an in.

James Gwilt?

Noble Park eh. Imagine if we'd had the foresight to target another Noble Park product, might get us an in.

James Gwilt?

Kyle Martin?

James Gwilt?

Kyle Martin?

Glen Archer?

James Gwilt?

Kyle Martin?
Glen Archer?
We drafted Rama twice.

We need to put all our energy into throwing big dollars at an elite player from Port Adelaide. Start doing the ground work now.

Contract or not… Who cares.

Me and Will used to be mates. Said to me he wanted to come back to Victoria last year. But that was last year, haven't heard from him since.

Nah, we just need to be a hell of a lot better at playing the game AT.
Pickering did the same thing to GWS with Boyd. That is the way the game is played now.
We need to have strong relationships with player managers.
We could learn a hell of a lot from the Hawks in this regard.

Agree, to exploit the newfound player movement we need to become very close to ■■■■■■ like Connors.
Sleep with the enemy to get what we need.

Treloar would be awesome.
Would not surprise me if the AFL invent an allowance to keep GWS afloat.

It would almost be worth the AFL letting them have COLA just to see the meltdown Sydney would have.

Cost of Playing for GWS Allowance.

Which one of the mentioned do/would we really need?

I know Camo's a gun, but do we have room in our fwd line If JD & Buckets work as they began to last year for example?

When it comes to talls or kpp we really only need backups, &/or developers, no?

Discuss.

Cameron comes in, Fletch retires, Buckets down back.