GWS & Umpires Def Essendon

Epitomised it perfectly

Gawd…there were awful decisions against us in the last quarter plus 5 seconds.

How they weren’t frees to Goddard and Merrett and was a free to De Boer just beggars belief that there’s honesty.

8 Likes

Worsfold doesn’t tag.

it’s ok if you have a gun midfield and can go head to head, we don’t unfortunately.

Effort was terrific but we ■■■■ up the unfuckable…simple mistakes

2 Likes

Bittersweet to lose to Sydney maggotry rather than Essington lack of effort.

Well done boys, you wouldn’t tip us to win this one at the start of the year, but you’d put the house that the umps would ■■■■■■■ ruin the game the moment it looked like Essendon might dent the GWS 2017 membership drive.

Even the commentators in the last 5 minutes were stunned.

7 Likes

If we played that well last week we would have won. It’s a pity we brought that standard against a team with that level of skill.

And, as if the AFL draft gifts weren’t enough for GWS, the umpires made sure that they got the points. Again, with free kicks, it’s always a case of where you get them.

1 Like

Hardly high draft picks. 2nd rounders. I reckon only 50% of second rounders make it.

That said, they all look long shots at the moment to make it

Would love that Zaka kick that went straight to Mumford again, had 3 other options.

Well, there’s a farking surprise…

(Not having a go at you evs)

Set shots cost us as well.

5 Likes

We were pretty good.
When they force the ball forward through their mids they have a fair chance of kicking a scrappy goal.
We can’t do that.
Disappointed that the decision wasn’t given to Goddard late to make a game of it, but we had plenty of other opportunities.

7 Likes

Our timing is off. If we can limit the ■■■■ performances to one a month then we will be ok, too bad we did it against a ■■■■ team.

Such a weird game.
GWS missing 9 players, yet for the majority of the game they were running at 85 % disposal efficiency.
They waltzed around us at times and made it look like a under 18’s playing under 12’s.
Yet the scoreboard doesn’t show it.

Us, well despite all the obstacles we’d suggest we have, to only lose by 20 odd points, almost feels like a win.

dumb football for patches still end up costing you way to much
Hurleys kick to 1 on 4 with 40 seconds left, rebound for a goal
Myers blindly handballing it away deep in a pocket goal to cognilio
Hurley in the last, instead of holding it in and tackling the tackle, trys to half kick it out and gws just swarm a goal through numbers.

They need to realise that you’ve gotta hold in the ball at all costs, cos they don’t have the spped or smarts to cover the ball continiously getting out.
If you get pinged for holding the ball so be it, but the ball simply can not scrounge around and come out.

other than that, hard not to admire the fact they only lost by 20 odd, but also a little frustrated that without the stupid brain fades, they could have snagged a win.

5 Likes

Yet another week we try to play heroes footy on the break, miss one kick and get beaten to the contest by blokes who want it more.

It’s great when it comes off, but when you’ve got players like Kelly & Scully clocking up massive kilometres and have us covered for pace we get well and truly beaten. Way too many passengers, poor kicking and some terrible umpiring really killed us.

1 Like

Taken pretty much same as Z merrett

I thought stants was ok. Howlett anonymous. It pains me to say it but howlett is that player who is far too good for vfl but not good enough afl. Makes you realise how much of a step up it is

The umpires had zero influence on the game and were no worse than any others. We lost because of utterly inept goalkicking at crucial times, generally poor disposal especially by foot, hesitation at crucial times, and less intensity at crucial times than GWS.

They deserved to win and we didn’t

6 Likes

Sick of this bullshit “Look how many players GWS were missing”

Go through that 22 and I reckon there are about 6 top 3 picks and close to a dozen 1st round picks.

Can’t be ■■■■■■ checking it now but I will eventually

2 Likes

Lost to a team that was technically undermanned, but considering their stampede of initial first round draft picks they are more more akin to a full strength, contending team.

I don’t pretend to know better than Woosha but negating Kelly in some fashion doesn’t mean you’re not backing your boys in and would have definitely helped.

3 Likes