Half time Aussie band for the AFL Grand Final

You just know the AFL will phone it in and get some washed up overseas band like Muse or Kings of Leon

Tash Sultana (if she’d wish to) … and a washed up old Australian legendary band should do it …

Midnight Oil - Best Of Both Worlds (triple j Live At The Wireless - Goat Island 1985) - YouTube

Spider Bait

1 Like

Sounds like y’all should just head to the Community Cup instead.

SUNDAY 18 JUNE 2023

The Melbourne leg of the Reclink Community Cup will be held at Victoria Park, Abbotsford on Sunday 18 June 20023

#CommCup23

Full line up has been announced!

CLOSE COUNTERS

COSMIC PSYCHOS

GUT HEALTH

MZRIZK

OUR CARLSON

TEENY TINY STEVIES

THE MERINDAS

The annual family-friendly, dog-friendly showdown is Reclink Australia’s largest fundraising event and not to be missed! Get your tickets now!

1 Like

Alex, you have have too far my young friend

That is because music died in the 90s and beyond.

Went last year. Actually a fun day out, lines for food and beer were a bit crazy tho.

Can we get The Angels with whoever their singer is now, probably Mark Williams, I dunno.
Let’s get a hundred thousand people shouting that response.

3 Likes

Not true.

You just gave up trying to find good music in the 90’s.

Good music is around, it just won’t be given to you on a platter (radio and tv).

1 Like

I wasn’t going to respond because it was so ‘old man yells at cloud’, but the nineties contains the most remarkable four months of album releases in music history.

2 Likes

Think they’re pretty much the Brewster bros and various Brewster offspring these days. Dave Gleeson (Screaming Jets) was the singer until recently.

1 Like

Like what ?

The 90’s was sensational.

Being a teenager in the 90’s. I was so lucky to have the best indie music of any generation given to me.

But people do just give up on trying to find new music……And resort to consuming the same old same old.

Most older people wouldn’t even know that Australian band Tame Impala is in the top 3-4 biggest bands in the world.

2 Likes

Community cup artist line up is always f*cking awesome.

Those artists are more likely to be picked up by NRL, than the AFL.

NRL grand final performers are constantly 100x better than the AFL every year.

Probably some truth in that as music in pubs started fading away and my kids were at the age where they demanded time. I did listen to the Wiggles a great deal.

Since you ask.
August 6 - Blue Lines
August 12 - Metallica
August 27 - Ten
September 17 - Use Your Illusion I and II
September 23 - Screamadelica, Tromp Le Monde,
September 24 - Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Nevermind
October 1 - Apocalypse ‘91
October 8 - Badmotorfinger
November 4 - Bandwagonesque
November 12 - Achtung Baby!
Decemberish? - Rage Against The Machine

Do yourself a proverbial.

3 Likes

“Raise” on September 30!

1 Like

Saw Tame Impala at Meredith Music Festival in 2008. Kevin Parker is a genius.

1 Like

You can guarantee that the artist who performs at the AFL grand final, were once huge 20-30 years ago…… but nobody gives a f*ck about them anymore.

Classic AFL. I can just imagine the AFL commission braining storming bands of who they want for the Grand final…. A bunch of middle aged corporates going through their CD collections.

Absolute no clue.

But if cannot get them on vinyl, then the must be no good.