Hall of Shame

I only just learnt there is a censored line after “Am I ever going to see your face again”.

I feel so unAustralian right now.

Yesss. It’s the same lines we used on Ben McDevitt.

I only just learnt there is a censored line after "Am I ever going to see your face again".

I feel so unAustralian right now.

First heard it at a great concert at the Showgrounds in 1988. Wonder who started it and when? Anyone know.

And who the f u c k is Alice ?

Yesss. It's the same lines we used on Ben McDevitt.

There were singlets with those ‘lyrics’ well before '88.

Edit: oops. Wrong quote. Curse the no delete option.

Yep, at that concert Doc Neeson wore one. I read that the Angels first heard it at Mt Isa, no mention of year, and Doc Neeson thought that the crowd were telling them to f*** off.

I had been to Angels gigs since late 1970’s but 1988 was the first. It was a great concert.

Its been around pretty much as long has the song has. Late 70’s.

Yep, at that concert Doc Neeson wore one. I read that the Angels first heard it at Mt Isa, no mention of year, and Doc Neeson thought that the crowd were telling them to f*** off.

I had been to Angels gigs since late 1970’s but 1988 was the first. It was a great concert.

Went to their 25th Anniversary gig in Sydney.
I’d put it right up there with the best shows I’ve seen.

When I saw the thread title I thought that this was an attempt to bring back the homophobic ‘poofstick’ thread, or whatever it was called.

I saw the Angels at the Palais Theatre, must have been 88’. First band/concert I’d ever gone to.

I was so cool then. Beautifully tended mullet’, skin tight faberge jeans, over-size knitted multicolour jumper, sleeved rolled PAST the elbow. converse socks (over the jean leg…naturally) and converse boots.

I looked like axle rose from the waist down, bill cosby waist up.

Must’ve been around 14 then, me and my equally cool mate would step out mid angels concert for a smoke on the Palais steps. Did I inhale said smokes I hear you ask…hell no, I didn’t know how to do that. But boy was I cool…

Thankfully I have little to no photo evidence of this era of my life.

Oh and the concert was excellent.

Its been around pretty much as long has the song has. Late 70's.

That song is pretty old. The original version was missing the main siren like guitar riff. Was rather plain and boring.

Went and watched the Angels at The Bridge Hotel when I was living in Mildura. (late eighties)

Not only was everyone in the place rockin the building was rockin too.

Fantastic performance. Fantastic night.

I saw them at Transformers (revolving dance floors) in the early 90’s.
They were pretty good.

That song is pretty old. The original version was missing the main siren like guitar riff. Was rather plain and boring.

True that.
I’ve been trying to remember the first time I heard the “no way get ■■■■■■, ■■■■ off” reply.
Pretty sure it was from my elder sister when I was about 13ish. Puts it about '79-'80.
I read the article regarding when the band remember it being chanted back to them by the crowd for the first time at Mt Isa in '83.
A band I played with supported them, (actually it was really just the Brewster bro’s) a few years ago.
I rekon at least 50% of that crowd were there just for that moment.
About ten or so years ago I was talking to a Singaporean who immediately asked me about that song and the answering chant when she realised I was an aussie.

I snorted lines with Rick Brewster on top of a speaker stack at the Armadale Hotel in the early eighties.

I snorted lines with Rick Brewster on top of a speaker stack at the Armadale Hotel in the early eighties.

No way get ■■■■■■ ■■■■ off?

Allegedly Doc Neeson wrote the song about a friend who’d suicided after a bout of depression, and was pretty ticked off when the crowd chanted the chorus.

He had to get used to it.

Lol.

In those days a typical pub stack (per side) for a band like The Angels was 2 x W bins, 2 x horn enclosures, and a little box containing ring tweeters on top. You just pushed the top W bin forward 6 - 8 inches, stood on the exposed piece of the bottom bin, pushed the tweeter box to one side, and chopped up on the top of the top horn box. B)

*allegedly

True that.
I’ve been trying to remember the first time I heard the “no way get ■■■■■■, ■■■■ off” reply.
Pretty sure it was from my elder sister when I was about 13ish. Puts it about '79-'80.
I read the article regarding when the band remember it being chanted back to them by the crowd for the first time at Mt Isa in '83.
A band I played with supported them, (actually it was really just the Brewster bro’s) a few years ago.
I rekon at least 50% of that crowd were there just for that moment.
About ten or so years ago I was talking to a Singaporean who immediately asked me about that song and the answering chant when she realised I was an aussie.

First saw them in 78 as support for Bowie at the G… I think it was happening then, but can’t really remember.

I’m positive* it was by the next time at the SMB, Summer of '81.

(*Almost … I saw them a lot of times after that)

Lol.

In those days a typical pub stack (per side) for a band like The Angels was 2 x W bins, 2 x horn enclosures, and a little box containing ring tweeters on top. You just pushed the top W bin forward 6 - 8 inches, stood on the exposed piece of the bottom bin, pushed the tweeter box to one side, and chopped up on the top of the top horn box. B)

*allegedly

Served as a nice little bench to skin up also :slight_smile:

allegedly