Hardy

A case of very good VFL player, average AFL player

With that said, if he was to get another crack at the top level I wish him all the very best. Seems like a great bloke and has worked extremely hard this year

He would have been a help fwd this year I think, but is not the solution for the senior side given where we are at

Kyle Hardingham or Jeremy Howe?

Which one would you take?

Think he’s kicked 3 goals 6 weeks in a row now!

(not always as a full-time forward, mind you)

EDIT: 3,4,2,3,3,3

I’d take FatArse. He’s worth 5 goals a week between what he kicks and what he sets up. If he had Hardy’s athleticism he’d be a gun AFL player. A pity he doesn’t have Hardy’s athleticism… But he’s a legitimate threat at vfl level.

He can play in the square in VFL.
Can’t in AFL.

It’s kind of sad, but that’s how it is.

My only concern is that we said the same thing when he was on our list but dropped. Sure he mightn’t have been causing a riot but people still asked why he wasn’t brought in as a 3rd tall back or fwd.

Then he was.

And we realised why.

I thought he always had the ability at AFL level but just used to make dumb decisions with the ball and turn it over. It seems now though he has really matured and has become a great leader of the VFL side. Certainly worth considering.

Better than Barlow at the moment

hardingham>>>>>>>>>>>>Ambrose

Yes to Ben and OP.

Bring him back.

Ambrose is not creative enough for a modern forward, he has a year to go on his contract. Try him in the backline.

And #bringhardyback

Fool me once…

No thanks. He had his go with us and it didn’t work out. No doubt someone else will pick him up though

Should definitely bring him back.
Now that Colyer’s come good and when we lose Stanton and Melksham, the negative blitz posters will be in desperate need of another whipping boy.

Personally I couldn’t understand why we delisted him in first place.

How many times has this ever worked

It’s apparently gonna work with Mitch Brown.

I dunno about Hardy, he’s still borderline, but in the right team in the right situation, he could be dangerous.

I don’t think we are that team or that situation, but best of luck to him if he does get another crack somewhere. He’s clearly worked hard for it this year.

brown is a slightly different case, his biggest problem at Geelong was staying fit for more than 5 minutes at a time. Year out, year fit, and exposed to a different club (or two) has done him a world of good. Hardie didn't really have any major worries. He had a good crack as a backman and a couple of goes forward, just not quite there.

Ambrose is a pretty good player in the VFL too.

Hardy didn’t get a real shot up forward for us. We were too busy trying to marry up JD and Carlisle as the greatest forward combination since Lucas & Lloyd, Dunstall & Brereton.

Don’t know if we will pick him up but I think he could provide a couple of goals a game and kick 35 to 40 for us. Problem is he is taking a spot in the 22 - whos? He could take Ambrose for mine and if he succeeded he might allow Hooker to go back when needed - heck even Hardy was ok down back.

I will say his skills are sublime at times and was a pleasure to watch on the weekend and throughout this year.

Hardy got a good run up forward and apart from some decent early games, wasn’t up to it.

He said in an interview that he used to over think everything, now he is just playing going with instincts.

think he would at least be worth a rookie if that’s possible.