Harley Bennell

Yes.

1 Like

Lock this up now that he has chosen Freo?

You're all tripping. Someone with a public drug image goes to a club getting slaughtered for performance enhancing substances coached by a chemist who oversaw the biggest bunch of ravers ever to put on s boot. Perception is reality. If he picks is, which is a â– â– â– â– â– â–  long shot at best, media will have an absolute picnic for this one. Probably on his nature strip.

I agree with the sentiment. One wrong step and the media will eat us, followed by the sponsors walking away.

They haven’t walked away in three years of absolute hell and bad press, why would they now? Don’t be daft.

Simply because we haven’t actually been found guilty of anything. Would be interesting to see in a proper commercial environment if you could rip up a contract for being blamed for everything but being found guilty of nothing.

I’m not sure why Freo claim Bennell is exactly the type they need…you have Hill/Pearce as running wingmen, Walters and Ballantyne as small goalkicking forwards, your highest priority should be key poles at both ends…

We have zero interest in Bennell. Move on.
You can't say 'zero' when Worsfold himself declares interest in him.
I can, and I did.
Dammit... I'll see you all over in the O'Meara thread, then.
I can, and I did.
Dammit... I'll see you all over in the O'Meara thread, then.

I can, and I did.

Offer him 5 years.

Eh, it’s being reported as “interest” but I listened to him live and it was more like… “Yeah, Nah”

You're all tripping. Someone with a public drug image goes to a club getting slaughtered for performance enhancing substances coached by a chemist who oversaw the biggest bunch of ravers ever to put on s boot. Perception is reality. If he picks is, which is a â– â– â– â– â– â–  long shot at best, media will have an absolute picnic for this one. Probably on his nature strip.

I agree with the sentiment. One wrong step and the media will eat us, followed by the sponsors walking away.

Fk the media. It’s the perfect troll for the bastards. We’re the drug club now thanks to those scumbags, might as well own it & take a guy like Bennel, & any others that slip too, fk it, we should take them all!

If we rehab a few with Worsfolds experience & stories to tell the kids who are heading down this path … “Look what happened to Mainwaring”, … “Haven’t you seen what this ■■■■’s done to Ben?? One of the most natural players ever to pull on a boot? … It ruined him…” etc etc.

If we put the ultimate systems in place & develop the best & most complete u/standing of the issues that effect these young blokes, & rescue a few & become the club of rehab … of saving … of a 2nd chance …we might just in effect rescue ourselves by turning the whole thing on it’s fkn head.

Then we could host the “Second Chance” match, a game to promote rehabilitation, & understanding for the youth that get caught up with these crap drugs & get eaten by them, & encourage them to seek the help they need. With Ice the issue it’s becoming, it’s really quite perfect for right now! Do the community some good, & salvage ourselves.

We have the perfect coach to promote it now, & we are the perfect club for to do it, … oh, and one more thing…

Uncy Kev.

Get onto that will ya Sheeds. K? Thx.

Since we will be damned by the media if we do, we might as well please ourselves, and give them a one finger salute, it is what they deserve.

“Player x is set to announce something anytime after now”

Wouldn’t be surprised if freo hinted the he tank the Richmond assessments to lower his value.

Single club and a continuation of his bad behaviour that made GCS sack him makes him not a very valued commodity.

“Understand”, " could", “as soon as”

#definitive

Dockers will be psyched. He’s a clear upgrade on that front-running softcock, Pearce.

NAB Trade Radio ‏@traderadio 42s43 seconds ago

We understand Harley Bennell could announce Fremantle as his club of choice as soon as today

Apparently being offered a 3 year deal at Freo.

Fingers crossed not showing up for one medical and missing a flight to Perth are Bennell’s “dodgy groins”

They haven’t walked away in three years of absolute hell and bad press, why would they now? Don’t be daft.