Harry Butler: Laters

See ya Harry…was a legend to me in my childhood. I loved that show. He had a lot to do with why i do what I do now. 85…not a bad innings. Thanks Harry…catchya oneday on the other side.

Hopefully he’ll get planted in an orange box in someone’s back garden and fertilise the roses.

Who am I going to say I found in my back garden now, when it gets a tad unkempt.

See ya Harry..was a legend to me in my childhood. I loved that show. He had a lot to do with why i do what I do now. 85..not a bad innings. Thanks Harry...catchya oneday on the other side.
I dressed up as Harry Butler at my first fancy dress party when I was about 12 years old, complete with fake beard, khaki green costume and a large rubber snake around my neck.

He really had a big influence on kids at that time in the early eighties.

Sad to hear he’s gone.

RIP Harry.

From the Wild, to Nihil-ed.

See ya Harry..was a legend to me in my childhood. I loved that show. He had a lot to do with why i do what I do now. 85..not a bad innings. Thanks Harry...catchya oneday on the other side.
I dressed up as Harry Butler at my first fancy dress party when I was about 12 years old, complete with fake beard, khaki green costume and a large rubber snake around my neck.

He really had a big influence on kids at that time in the early eighties.

Sad to hear he’s gone.

RIP Harry.

For me the 70’s even.

But for some H Butler is not viewed as a true environmentalist for siding with developers in the Franklin Dam dispute or for working with Chevron on the Barrow Island gas facility. He understood progress is necessary and worked to find ways to limit the impact of development on the environment. An environmental pragmatist.

I was a fan when I was very young.
I mostly watched in the hope that something would one day rip his arm off when he shoved it up a hole in a tree.
The old man commented how it was amazing that every time he did that, there was something there, which I didn’t fully appreciate at the time.

I was a fan when I was very young. I mostly watched in the hope that something would one day rip his arm off when he shoved it up a hole in a tree. The old man commented how it was amazing that every time he did that, there was something there, which I didn't fully appreciate at the time.

The master of out of shot sedated animals in cages.

Lol, your a cynical bunch.

Of course it was mostly set up, that isnt the point. He got the message across, an important message.

1 Like

I liked the man in the wild, but also said things like Australia was won from Aborigine’s by conquest, which isn’t exactly a recipe for reconciliation, everyone’s got their politics and times have changed.

RIP HB