Have the week off, boys

Having a week or a few days off isn't going to improve our goal kicking or our disposal skills. Today they were both disgusting. Couldn't hit targets 20m away.

Only 3 weeks left for the players anyway. We will get kicked out 1st week of the finals.

So, what? You reckon more skill sessions are needed? I don't think so.

yes i do. Last year Hird said they eased off training the boys hard as we were getting a lot of injuries, Our skills fell badly away as a result. The only way to work on your kicking and hitting targets is by training at a high intensity level.

imo having a few days off will probably make them think about this whole ASADA thing more, and their skills will get worse.

OK I’m too one eyed to know F.ALL,I’ll admit that, but I thought I saw some positive signs in the last quarter. Seemed to me a few started to back themselves and their team mates more regularly. A few, not everyone, started to play more instinctively, more freely.
How do I feel about the year? A whole lot better than recent years. Christ, Port are turning cartwheels because they’re nearly there and we’re already there and we can’t see the scoreboard because of the stream of BB tears. Listen folks we need to play finals. We’ve earnt it. We’re there.
And we’re flat! Why? I’m no expert but we’re several key players short and some players are playing hurt. Stants should get a medal for playing on when he clearly has been hampered for a month. (My theory, no sources, is he’s been told that whatever he did to his foot can only be fixed during the off season and he’s said I’ll keep going if I can contribute. Anyone who bags him is an ahole!)
And of course the form slump can also be attributed to that “other reason” and this is where I link to the title of this thread. Take a week off by all means, no, take a month off. But don’t just go for a drink, although there’s nothing wrong with that, but totally refuse to listen to anything to do with that other crap, and that includes the supposed “positive” crap that’s on that behemoth of a thread. And that means the coaching team too. I don’t want to see Bomber on 360, I want to see him barking orders in the coaches box. Hirdy should move his family for a few weeks to an undisclosed location and get some friggin sleep.
And BB Blitz can contribute by gurging that ■■■■■■■ thread until our year’s over. Yeah, the black hole thread that’s sucking the life out of BB just like the whole scandal is sucking the life out of footy. God I hope the players and the coaches aren’t reading that crap.
Leave what needs to be done to lawyers, that’s what they’re paid for. Just refuse to acknowledge it till our season’s done.
And it’s not done yet and it won’t be until finals time. Nevermind about the next two weeks, just get them as ready as the possible for the final.

To many excuses for my liking, Its a game of footy, get the F**k out there and get a kick and follow the coached structures, IMO the bombers have been mentaly weak for years, perhaps some leading teams training may be waranted. I think the media are dicks but what the hell does that have to do with game day?? We as a membership and supporter group are letting them off to lightly i reckon.

They clearly need to do something to reset themselves.

Lock yourselves away at the HPC for the next 3 weeks and only come out for games.

Or fly somewhere far away and play an intraclub and forfeit next weeks game.

Or I guess we could just bring back some of our injured and suspended players, as that could help.

Please do something. There is still a finals series to be a part of.

They clearly need to do something to reset themselves.
Lock yourselves away at the HPC for the next 3 weeks and only come out for games.
Or fly somewhere far away and play an intraclub and forfeit next weeks game.
Or I guess we could just bring back some of our injured and suspended players, as that could help.
Please do something. There is still a finals series to be a part of.

Exactly. Lets just try something. Nobody's saying its necessarily going to work, but we have earned a finals spot, if we just roll in like this we'll get slaughtered. So lets try something different and who knows. We're gonna lose the next two anyway.

Ok we can all agree that our boys have a serious excuse to be finally crumbling under the pressure Of last 6 mths.

To me the best is that we come through this year a strong and proud club and the boys can somehow feel that too

My heart bled for those boys tonight… I know what I feel as a passionate supporter… And feel like I have lived for last 6mths

Hurley spoke at our lunch today and said how hard it has been but he loves our club

To me stepping away is not going to change anything for them. They need to train hard together and concentrate on their skills. Which by the way in case u missed were not great tonight

One thing I can pretty much guarantee is that this slide would have happened regardless of the supplements saga. The program is a shambles. I think the reason Melksham is playing so well is because he trained super hard in the pre season and has carried on this attitude throughout the entire season. I think it would be quite funny watching Goddard, Stanton, Watson, Davey, Jetta etc at training. Their effort at training would be indicative of their effort in a game.

Yep, Goddard, Stanton and Watson are clearly the weak links...

Whatever the Mexican equivalent of ESSINGTON is, we've landed, checked in and are at the bar getting loaded before we head off to a donkey show.

We're done for the year.

Had the same conversation during the week. We've tried high and low training loads. How about we just let them get smashed at nightclubs for a week? Couldn't be much worse.

This would be a good idea as long as the night clubs were in another country.

Stopping the high number of in’s and out’s every week will go a long way to winning games. A settled line up will make a big difference against Carlton this week.

Take our chances in front of goals and we are closer to being in the winners list than a lot of people might think. I know it’s an easy excuse but we’ve also been murdered by bad umpiring in critical stages of the last couple of games…

I didn't think the umpiring yesterday was too bad ( I'm comparing it to the WC game) but the boys just lacked basic skills. They just couldn't take a clean mark and passing to someones boots doesn't help.

No, I hate to say it but all this assada crap should have been dealt with months ago, not now at the most crucial stage of the year. One thing I will say, we aren't playing any worse than we usually do towards the end of the season so I actually take some heart from the fact that if all this assada crap wasn't going on we may have turned the corner.

Had the same conversation during the week. We've tried high and low training loads. How about we just let them get smashed at nightclubs for a week? Couldn't be much worse.

What and face another charge of putting the AFL into disrepute, thats a great idea.

The team should watch Space Jam and the Mighty Ducks movies and if they're not inspired after that, nothing can be done.