Have you ever won anything?

Yep and Zig & Zag

https://youtu.be/BpMXaQRmjLE

https://youtu.be/RxI1t2xjbUc

My female barber from 20 years ago was a touch, ahem, worried by Zag when she was 8 or 9.

Wasn’t Zig the dodgy one?

Sorry…you’re right. Always thought it was Zag.

Apparently after the trial, they never spoke to each other again.

It’d be a fair blow to learn that the guy you worked your whole life with, and was one of your best mates, was a rock spider.

Deckham and Reboot are going to humblebrag the ■■■■ out of this thread.

Weeeeelllll…if you really must know…

Yep and Zig & Zag

My female barber from 20 years ago was a touch, ahem, worried by Zag when she was 8 or 9.

It’d be a fair blow to learn that the guy you worked your whole life with, and was one of your best mates, was a rock spider.

On the bloke’s own granddaughter too. There’s some extra contemptible about that.

Pretty hard to look family in the eye when you’re carving the Christmas turkey.

I won a dishwasher on Sale of the Century years ago and on three occasions have had five of the six tattslotto numbers.

But the best win ever was when I was a uni student in the late 70s and down to my last 17 cents with the next TEAS cheque (ask your grandparents) still a week away when a knock at the front door revealed a bloke who handed me $20 as runner up in a pub raffle I didn’t recall entering.

You’ve met Tony Barber?

Nah, it was Glenn Ridge, the bloke whose name sounds like a housing estate. Saw Nicky Buckley in a bikini Diggers, that was pretty good.

You've won the thread.

I know the rest of the Buckley family.

I think Nicky and her late mother are/were the only decent human beings in it.

In my visit to SOTC, it was Tony Barber and Delvene. Was up against a bloke (a mad Bomber fan called Jim) who needed to win to get the two BMWs. Still I picked up a desk set and $200. We were the only two to answer a question - score was 100-76-20.

You’ve met Delvene Delaney?

And 76 would be a win on most nights.

hahaha…I’ve danced with her :slight_smile:

I worked at a servo convenience store type thing where the owners were a couple of stuck up ■■■■■ who treated everyone like turds. Which made it easier when one of the scratchies that I was supposed to give out to customers revealed 1000 dollars when I forgot to give them back st the end of my shift. This in turn got me a ticket on the ferry and paid my way to the Gold Coast with a heap of like minded people who got shitfaced every night for two months until reality set in and we had to find jobs or no dole. $1000 WAS A LOT OF MONEY BACK THEN KIDS so it kept me going for a while.
I also won 13 cartons of Boags in a rugby raffle which I turned into a throne for people to gaze in awe.

I worked at a servo convenience store type thing where the owners were a couple of stuck up ■■■■■ who treated everyone like turds. Which made it easier when one of the scratchies that I was supposed to give out to customers revealed 1000 dollars when I forgot to give them back st the end of my shift. This in turn got me a ticket on the ferry and paid my way to the Gold Coast with a heap of like minded people who got shitfaced every night for two months until reality set in and we had to find jobs or no dole. $1000 WAS A LOT OF MONEY BACK THEN KIDS so it kept me going for a while. I also won 13 cartons of Boags in a rugby raffle which I turned into a throne for people to gaze in awe.

did the poor sods have to kiss your toes?

I actually just paid off debts with it but I don’t recall the month after.
I was briefly a god though.

Yep and Zig & Zag

On the bloke’s own granddaughter too. There’s some extra contemptible about that.

Pretty hard to look family in the eye when you’re carving the Christmas turkey.

Especially with a knife in hand

Won a heap of trivia nights. A group of us were regular attendees at one venue, where we won first place about 5-6 weeks in a row, and then used the voucher to pay for beers/food the following week. On week 7 the host mandated that we were to split our team in two. Fair enough. We then got 1st and 2nd, raising our voucher bounty from $150 to $225.

1 Like

My favourite trivia quiz moment was during one of those knockout yes/no sequences. The very first question was “can you see the Great Wall of China from space?” — I’m desperately waving for everyone on my table to answer “no”. They do so, 80% of the room get the answer wrong, and we’ve instantly gone from one team in ten to one team in two. We go on to easily win that knockout comp, and later the night.

Have won several of the “nominate a team champ” challenges: sometimes with really easy questions (“does vodka have calories?”) and sometimes slightly more obscure (“are tiger skins striped?”).

I won a dishwasher on Sale of the Century years ago and on three occasions have had five of the six tattslotto numbers.

But the best win ever was when I was a uni student in the late 70s and down to my last 17 cents with the next TEAS cheque (ask your grandparents) still a week away when a knock at the front door revealed a bloke who handed me $20 as runner up in a pub raffle I didn’t recall entering.

You’ve met Tony Barber?

Nah, it was Glenn Ridge, the bloke whose name sounds like a housing estate. Saw Nicky Buckley in a bikini Diggers, that was pretty good.

You've won the thread.

In my visit to SOTC, it was Tony Barber and Delvene. Was up against a bloke (a mad Bomber fan called Jim) who needed to win to get the two BMWs. Still I picked up a desk set and $200. We were the only two to answer a question - score was 100-76-20.

Now you’ve gone too far.
Won a heap of trivia nights. A group of us were regular attendees at one venue, where we won first place about 5-6 weeks in a row, and then used the voucher to pay for beers/food the following week. On week 7 the host mandated that we were to split our team in two. Fair enough. We then got 1st and 2nd, raising our voucher bounty from $150 to $225.

Our team in Port Melbourne won the year’s ladder championship (unhandicapped scores every week) so many times in a row, they banned us from winning it and bribed us with cheaper meals and very cheap desserts to overcome it. First prize was a full dinner at the pub worth about $500.

The trivia master reckoned our handicap got out to 18, but I thought it never got higher than 14.

we’ve only gone 2 or 3 times to our recent pub (me, bugman and Handjob) because I’m now 300km away but won comfortably every time. We used to give everyone the screaming toms when we’d get the 4-pointer ‘Who am I’ after one or two clues.

Personally I reckon the ‘I was born in Moonee Ponds in 1967…Stop’ was a triumph.

One of my school teachers went on Sale of The Century. He became very well known around school for his buzzing in way too fast then saying “Sorry Tony” because he didn’t know the answer. Needless to say, whenever he asked a question in class it was met with a chorus of “Sorry Tony” plus outrageous laughter. I love it.

I won a bottle of Johnny Black in a work Raffel last month

You’ve met Tony Barber?

You've won the thread.

Now you’ve gone too far.

I was only about 17 at the time - and illegally in a bar - anyone remember Bogarts on Errol St?
Anyway - she came up and asked me to dance.

Deckham and Reboot are going to humblebrag the ■■■■ out of this thread.

Weeeeelllll…if you really must know…

I’ve actually scored dinner with Deckham on a few occasions.

Ricky Ponting signed Kookaburra bat in a charity raffle.

Won a fair few things back in the day when I had time for ‘comping’.

Best prizes were trips to london, nz & japan.

Raising the bar. Fffs

Accidently won a Melbourne Cup sweep at school in about grade 2. I wasn’t at school the day they did, so all the other kids left the eventual winning horse to me. Sucked in dickheads, you missed out on a ghost sticker book.