Have you ever won anything?

My boy has won the school Easter raffle twice. He has been at school for 2 years!

Wow. Thatā€™s like a miracle.

When he rose again to win it a 2nd time, ā€¦ did all the other kids get cross?

1 Like
Wow. That's like a miracle.

Nailed it.

Wow. That's like a miracle.

Always look on the bright side of life!

$150 from a parking ticket machine, in South Africa.

$150 from a parking ticket machine, in South Africa.

Pretty rand-om

My flat mate withdrew money from an ATM at SeaWorld and claims that it was dispensing $50 notes instead of $20s and vice versa.

Thatā€™d be pretty sweet, but Iā€™m sure the bank could track it to a degree.

Yarra Glen FC raffle in 2009
Had the choice between a bottle of Jack Daniels on a swing thing, hot air balloon trip for 2 or a mountain bike
Panicked and went with the grog (which I still havenā€™t opened lol)
Fair to say the former mrs Eastie was not impressed

Yarra Glen FC raffle in 2009 Had the choice between a bottle of Jack Daniels on a swing thing, hot air balloon trip for 2 or a mountain bike Panicked and went with the grog (which I still haven't opened lol) Fair to say the former mrs Eastie was not impressed

You could have proposed 1000ft up in that hot air balloon.
Opportunity lost !

Yarra Glen FC raffle in 2009 Had the choice between a bottle of Jack Daniels on a swing thing, hot air balloon trip for 2 or a mountain bike Panicked and went with the grog (which I still haven't opened lol) Fair to say the former mrs Eastie was not impressed

You could have proposed 1000ft up in that hot air balloon.
Opportunity lost !

Or pushed her out at 1000ft up and changed the ā€œformer Mrs Eastieā€ to ā€œformer a lot sooner and more dramtically Mrs Eastieā€.

Or you could have just chosen the mountain bikeā€¦

One of my school teachers went on Sale of The Century. He became very well known around school for his buzzing in way too fast then saying "Sorry Tony" because he didn't know the answer. Needless to say, whenever he asked a question in class it was met with a chorus of "Sorry Tony" plus outrageous laughter. I love it.

When I was at Duntroon one of the PTIs had been on Gladiators where they had the Army, Navy and RAAF PTIs competing. He had to start the final obstacle course way behind the other guy and subsequently busted his guts trying to catch up. By the time he got to the ā€œtravellatorā€ (the uphill conveyor belt that you had to run up against the direction it is travelling) he was knackered and couldnā€™t do it. He tried about three times and ended up a crumpled heap at the bottom of the thing.

From then on, whenever he was flogging us in a PT session, someone would yell ā€œtravellator!ā€ from the back of the group and he would lose his mind (he was fairly unhinged at the best of times anyway). The invariable result was that he would then make us do hill-sprints and other torture-inspired things until we either vomited or collapsed. Totally worth it, though.

1 Like

When I was 6 I was in Dadā€™s work tipping competition. I won the arbitrary ā€œfree $50 door prizeā€ at the end of the season. Came home from school and Mum presented me with my CHEQUE for FIFTY DOLLARS.

I donā€™t think I cashed it for a month - just looked at it and held it for an inordinate amount of time.

I won a pool comp back in my uni days. I won a $27 drink card for the Grand Hotel in Frankston. I went there on a Thursday night with a couple of mates and ordered 27 $1 pots of beer. We just lined them up on a little ledge near the pool tables and drank ourselves silly.

I miss $1 drinks!

Back in the day on the Gold Coast, there were 3-4 nightclubs that would give you a $50 drink tab on your birthday if you brought in 9 other people.

The obvious trick was to get 3-4 mates and find a handful of toirists, tell them that when youā€™re at the bar they need to give you a wave to indicate they were your group.

Get drink card
Order $50 worth of spirits (12 drinks)
Drink
Go to next club and repeat

I won a pool competition at a pub up in Coffs Harbour back when I was about 19.

$250 first prize, and I wasnt even that good. I just had one of those ā€˜drunk tin-ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€™ nights. The guy I beat in the final, drove an hour and half to be there, and had a set of cues in those cool cue suitcase thingos.

He wasnā€™t happy.

Problem for me though, I was already drunk and merry, so I just chucked the $250 on the bar and shouted everybody from the tournament drinks.

I never was good with money.

I won 5 free Glugs. Beat that!

When I was fifteen, my dad bet one of his workmates that I could beat him in an arm wrestle. I did, and the guy had to eat a banana without peeling it. Looking back now, my dad was a bit weirdā€¦

Classic bet though, . the image is cracking me up . ā€¦

Classic bet though, . the image is cracking me up . ...

heheheā€¦yeah, it was a crack up. The guy was a middle-age, pudgy baldy guy who had a lot of bluster. He never lived it down :slight_smile:

Almost rather eat the skin than those manky stringy bits, and that nodule on one end. Almost.