Health & Fitness

^^ lol I just googled prowler flu. Sounds like fun!

Lol definitely not a diet is recommend unless youā€™re on a boatload of gear but funny story regardless

OK well I used the prowler but didnā€™t push myself that hard. Theyā€™ve only got space to push it 10m, so then you push it back from the other side. Gets the heart rate up pretty quick, Iā€™ll probably black out at some point.

Deadlift went up to 100kg today. Could have gone much heavier (erm, prolly only 120 max) but donā€™t want to pop anything, lol. Will probably keep it there for a while.

Yeah 10m isnā€™t that far lol
Prepare to do a kazillion suicide runs then haha

Anyone seen the doco Generation Iron - follows the lead up to the 12ā€™ Mr Olympia and about the rivarly between Health and Greene

ouch for Kai - 3 runner ups!

I liked the fact it talked about how selfish you have to be - to be the best. I think a lot of individual sport docos donā€™t place enough emphasis around this

Kai will never win an Olympia for political reasons
Youā€™re dead right about the selfishness aspects though
Just about every pro-bodybuilder and record holding power lifter Iā€™ve known has gotten divorced within 3 months either side of their win/world record lol
Guys that were skipping their kids birthday because it clashed with training etc
When Brandon Lilly left Kentucky to train at Westside in Ohio he left his wife and kids behind

Ran the 15.5 km Run for the Kids on Sunday, slower than I would have liked but there were a lot of people and Iā€™m not as fit as Iā€™d hoped Id be. Anyhow I can now tick off my first fitness goal for the year.

Now to take a week off before beginning my training for the half marathon in July.

well done slow stu.
Half marathon is the next step.
Just try and go a consistent pace all the way through.
as you build up your mileage you will notice it gets easier.
You should consider running a easy half marathon in your training program that way you can test to see if you need any gels/jubes etc that you may use on race day.

Been reverse dieting over the last 3 months. Slowing increasing my carbs from 150g per day and now have gotten it up to 370g. I would have never have imagined that actually adding food in would be so challenging. I actually find myself almost force feeding some days.

Last year was all about getting fit and lean, which i was able to achieve. Ideally, I want to hold on to the conditioning and gain some actual muscle this year. Its time to get huge. Eat big, train big, get big!

Ventured over to LA for the Crossfit games
Was actually pretty enjoyable to watch until the final where the athletes had to do some weird rock climbing ā– ā– ā– ā– 
Ended up leaving early after a bunch of womenā€™s athletes basically bailed on the event and stood around doing nothing for 5 minutes til they got timed out lol

Oh my life
Helping my friend set up her gym while Iā€™m in San Diego
Arrived just in time for her Dumbbells, bars and plates to arrived
4500kg that needs to be hand unloaded, about 1000kg through and itā€™s killing me!
Itā€™s a pretty sweet set up; half powerlifting and half Crossfit (wonā€™t be finished til I after I leave)
Will try and get photos for everyone

Ran the 15.5 km Run for the Kids on Sunday, slower than I would have liked but there were a lot of people and I'm not as fit as I'd hoped Id be. Anyhow I can now tick off my first fitness goal for the year.

Now to take a week off before beginning my training for the half marathon in July.

Did you do the half? I did the 10 km. I did the half a couple of years ago but Iā€™ve had a stress fracture since then so Iā€™ve been going easier on the running, but Iā€™m thinking of doing the half again in October. I did 2h 12m in 2013 and if I did that again Iā€™d be very happy.

Iā€™m doing the 10km in Oct. Bugmans doing the half. Iā€™ve done the half before but have just started again in the last 2 months post baby. Had anout 5 months off but last few runs of my pregnancy were short and slow. Iā€™d forgotten how hard it was to get from 5 to 10km! Harder than 10 to 21.1 IMO!

I'm doing the 10km in Oct. Bugmans doing the half. I've done the half before but have just started again in the last 2 months post baby. Had anout 5 months off but last few runs of my pregnancy were short and slow. I'd forgotten how hard it was to get from 5 to 10km! Harder than 10 to 21.1 IMO!

I think any woman who exercises during pregnancy deserves a pat on the back.

I used to swim regularly and my most ignominious moment was one day when I thought I was going pretty well until I was passed by a swimmer in the next lane who was evidently about 8 months pregnant.

Ran the 15.5 km Run for the Kids on Sunday, slower than I would have liked but there were a lot of people and I'm not as fit as I'd hoped Id be. Anyhow I can now tick off my first fitness goal for the year.

Did you do the half? I did the 10 km. I did the half a couple of years ago but Iā€™ve had a stress fracture since then so Iā€™ve been going easier on the running, but Iā€™m thinking of doing the half again in October. I did 2h 12m in 2013 and if I did that again Iā€™d be very happy.

Didnā€™t do it unfortunately, Iā€™d paid my entrance fee when it opened last year and was definitely keen post R4TK but was laid up with some minor surgery about 2 weeks after and wasnā€™t able to start running again until mid May and then only slow & short runs, then I had a massive attack of the dreaded laziness maximus and have only just started running again last week, man you drop off really quickly.

Going to see how the training goes and maybe enter the half in October, at a minimum Iā€™ll do the 10k

Had my first session at Westside Barbell this morning (American time)
Sled dragging got turned up to 11
@ Your Team if you want an idea of what theyā€™re doing for MMA guys there just let us know

Have signed up for the Melbourne marathon

Didnā€™t do it unfortunately, Iā€™d paid my entrance fee when it opened last year and was definitely keen post R4TK but was laid up with some minor surgery about 2 weeks after and wasnā€™t able to start running again until mid May and then only slow & short runs, then I had a massive attack of the dreaded laziness maximus and have only just started running again last week, man you drop off really quickly.

Going to see how the training goes and maybe enter the half in October, at a minimum Iā€™ll do the 10k

Unfortunately age has detrimental effects on joints, tendons, etc., so injuries become more common. In the last 18 months Iā€™ve had injured ankle tendons stop me running for several months and a stress fracture stop me for several more, so Iā€™ve cut back to twice a week. In between I use the cross-trainer in the gym which still works the legs and cardiovascular system, but is easy on the joints because itā€™s non-impact. So Iā€™m hoping that Iā€™ll get the half in October.

I'm doing the 10km in Oct. Bugmans doing the half. I've done the half before but have just started again in the last 2 months post baby. Had anout 5 months off but last few runs of my pregnancy were short and slow. I'd forgotten how hard it was to get from 5 to 10km! Harder than 10 to 21.1 IMO!
Really? I might give a half a shot then. I found the jump from 5 to 10 pretty easy, and then to 16 even easier.

Guess who got RIPPED