Health & Fitness

he’s certainly thinner.

Guess who got RIPPED

rookie him :slight_smile:

he's certainly thinner.

Yeah, so now he’s ready to play for us.

he's certainly thinner.

Code for he has lost weight but still looks decidedly average?

Got the Hobo body going on…

#vegaterian

I had a mate that made that sort of transformation after a few months in London.
He swears by the cocaine diet but he no longer has teeth.

My ■■■■■■■ and triceps hurt.

#dips

Hommus?

My ■■■■■■■ and triceps hurt.

#dips

Lol. If you’re clever enough you can get them to hurt your lats as well.

Since getting back from America/Westside Barbell I’ve been experimenting with single arm deadlifts (using a DB, KB, barbell or anything else I can get my hands on) for my abs
Has to be said it is far more enjoyable than more “direct” ab work and I’m finding it hits the deeper muscles more (which is far more beneficial to me as a Powerlifter)
Another plus is I’ve found doing deadlifts like the vid below (though I just do them 1 arm at a time like a suitcase deadlift) murders my traps right where the bar sits when I squat (in line with the top of my rear delt), so perfect exercise to improve leverages!

Getting pain/tightness through the front of my hips when coming out of the hole in a squat. Feels ridiculously tight, but no matter how much I try to loosen up I’m getting nowhere.

Something I could be doing wrong form wise or is it just a mobility issue? tried moving from a low bar to high bar squat as thought I was coming up too much like a good morning but still getting the same issue.

Go see Jimmy, he keeps flogging free private consults on my facey.

Bit of a drive…

Getting pain/tightness through the front of my hips when coming out of the hole in a squat. Feels ridiculously tight, but no matter how much I try to loosen up I'm getting nowhere.

Something I could be doing wrong form wise or is it just a mobility issue? tried moving from a low bar to high bar squat as thought I was coming up too much like a good morning but still getting the same issue.

Your hip flexors are compensating for your hamstrings not doing anything
OR you’re squatting too deep and your hip is becoming impinged.

If you haven’t tried this, get on it. I use a 32kg kettlebell and a golf ball, but maybe ease into it lol
That and get some hamstrings

Squatting too deep? ■■■■ you’ve changed!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll work on hammies for a while because it’s probably that. Spend too much time putting work into quads.

Squatting too deep? ■■■■ you've changed!! :P

I’ll work on hammies for a while because it’s probably that. Spend too much time putting work into quads.

lol I’ve always been of the opinion that you should only ever squat as deep as you’re leverages and mobility allows.
That said, my own squats are definitely aimed at getting 2 whites at a powerlifting meet rather than winning depth awards lol

Idk what sort of training template you’re following atm, but I’d do 3-4 sets of hamstring curls at the beginning of your workout BEFORE you squat and/or a set of 200 with a band at the very end of the session or on another day/extra workout

Back’s been fked for a couple of weeks. Did some reading and found that I had the symptoms of anterior pelvic tilt. Did some stretching of the transverse abdominis (?) and, like, instantly felt 100%. Unbelievable.

Back's been fked for a couple of weeks. Did some reading and found that I had the symptoms of anterior pelvic tilt. Did some stretching of the transverse abdominis (?) and, like, instantly felt 100%. Unbelievable.

ha this was me !

Started stretching last week, pain free.

Just found this thread. Might start hanging out in here a bit instead of getting into arguments in other threads :slight_smile:

I exercise for fun/health, but try and compete when I can (maybe once a year if I’m lucky). I train muay thai, weights (powerlifting focus) and kettlebells (biathlon).

Just found this thread. Might start hanging out in here a bit instead of getting into arguments in other threads :)

I exercise for fun/health, but try and compete when I can (maybe once a year if I’m lucky). I train muay thai, weights (powerlifting focus) and kettlebells (biathlon).

The old Girevoy sport ey?

It’s not really my thing, but fair to say Valery Fedorenko is somewhat freakish

Just found this thread. Might start hanging out in here a bit instead of getting into arguments in other threads :)

The old Girevoy sport ey?

It’s not really my thing, but fair to say Valery Fedorenko is somewhat freakish

I got CMS rank through Valery’s organisation. And I agree—he has certainly done some freakish lifting in his time :slight_smile:

My flexibility is shocking. Getting knee pains via the amount of muscle tightness through my lower back and hips. But 'just doing stretches' is super boring, any good videos/courses online I should follow?
Pilates! I started when I was pregnant but buggy has just started because his flexibility is awful. Helps strengthen core too. It isn't "girly". I do a floor class but Buggy does a reformer class.

He just demonstrated that he can almost touch his toes whereas a month ago could barely make it half way down his calves.