Heath Shaw

How much would we give up for a 28 year old douchebag we don’t need?

yeah i remember that.

i dont have much of a problem with it to be honest. id rather see a player overreact a little than not react or care at all.

things happen on the field, its how you manage them off the field that matters.

On field issues are equally as bad as off field issues, they compound.

Being such a talented player, Collingwood want to get rid of him because of it....speaks loudly to me.

Overreacting is fine, disrespecting is totally not acceptable. Imagine he did that performance to Jobe, would you be ok with that?

How much would we give up for a 28 year old douchebag we don't need?

I'm going to go with: Not as much as somebody else in the league.

It is Nick Maxwell you know? :P

Fletcher - Hooker - Baguley
Hibberd - Carlisle/Hurley - Shaw
Dempsey

and id rotate that wing position between Shaw and Dempsey.
Remember, this requires that everyone is fit and that Fletcher plays all the time. Which he wont.
And if Hib/Demps miss games it saves us from having to move Goddard/Heppell back there.

The only concern i have is Shaw's back, i think whatever the reason the Pies want to get rid of him, is partly due to him feeling so comfortable in his environment for so long and then it getting shaken up with Buckley's agenda.

A new environment would mean that he doesnt feel like he is being forced to change old habits in his comfortable environment. it IS a new environment and a new start for him. something he might relish. i think he would be keen to prove himself if he moved.

Can tell you his brother Rhyce does not want him in Sydney. Even though they are close. Since Rhyce has established himself and gotten married and doesn't want him to move in with him up there.
Can also tell you the reason he is looking elsewhere - at end of year review he told Bucks to let him run up the ground more, Bucks told him you'll play where I want and Shaw told him where to go.

Didak and Shaw two bad apples with plenty of off field issues which are well publicised.

i guess we disagree about that then. theres been plenty of players over the course of AFL football where players are over the top emotional on field yet still very popular off it. i guess the truth is somewhere in between, but like i said, i think the relationship with buckley is more rebellious because of a change of culture and an adversion to that rather than him being a bad egg entirely.

got a response:

1. @Ryders_storm Collingwood hold the final decision but Heath and his camp can indicate where he wants to go and club can negotiate

i

Going to GWS in Adams deal.

Nothing to see here. This ■■■■ does not deserve our time.

Turn Dempsey into a Wells type player, He's well and truly capable.

racist

i guess we disagree about that then. theres been plenty of players over the course of AFL football where players are over the top emotional on field yet still very popular off it. i guess the truth is somewhere in between, but like i said, i think the relationship with buckley is more rebellious because of a change of culture and an adversion to that rather than him being a bad egg entirely.

got a response:

1. @Ryders_storm Collingwood hold the final decision but Heath and his camp can indicate where he wants to go and club can negotiate

i

I don't believe he will come to us like I said, an up and coming club like Gold Coast will be suited to him, it's a win win cause he is immature aswell and would fit nicely with the 20 year olds.

Turn Dempsey into a Wells type player, He's well and truly capable.

racist

Hahahaha! Brilliant!!

You got me. :(

he'd be ■■■■■■ handy and GC. He and harbrow working of half back would be good to watch and a deadly combination.

Nick Smith there we go! Could get a gem of a player in same role for pretty much same asking price with plenty more upside and no tag attached.

GCS declined that they want Shaw.

I'd take him.

His issue is with booze. No-one's ever criticised (as far as I'm aware) his training attitude, fitness, his application to a task on field, fitting in with other players etc

He just doesn't know when to stop, on the booze.

If that's going to mean we can get a very good player for a just-OK player price tag... I could deal with it. He can definitely play.

That's what Sydney have been doing for years - cf Rhyce, Davis, Hall etc.

Would possibly make him the most hated player in the league, by Collingwood, Carlton & Hawthorn fans.

If we could get Dank on board to supply us with some Ritalin, I'm sure we could manage him.

He will start his own Rat-pack here.

Who will join him?

Kommer? Melksham?

1. Heath Shaw's discussions have moved to written offers. Currently overseas, a decision to be made in 7-10 days

Now what could a written offer possibly entail if he is under contract? Surely its just which team he likes best in that instance? I would have thought the Pies would have 100% control of the situation ?

Surprised he can read.

1. Heath Shaw's discussions have moved to written offers. Currently overseas, a decision to be made in 7-10 days

Now what could a written offer possibly entail if he is under contract? Surely its just which team he likes best in that instance? I would have thought the Pies would have 100% control of the situation ?

Surprised he can read.

Would probably be travelling with an interpreter.

Would it be possible to gag him during team meetings and during games?

I'd take him.

His issue is with booze. No-one's ever criticised (as far as I'm aware) his training attitude, fitness, his application to a task on field, fitting in with other players etc

He just doesn't know when to stop, on the booze.

If that's going to mean we can get a very good player for a just-OK player price tag... I could deal with it. He can definitely play.

That's what Sydney have been doing for years - cf Rhyce, Davis, Hall etc.

Would possibly make him the most hated player in the league, by Collingwood, Carlton & Hawthorn fans.

The guy who got dropped earlier in the year for having Rosie O'Donnell's skin folds?