Help clear this up for me - Yes or No

Today marking 5 months to the day until Hirdy is allowed to stroll back into the Hangar to help out with our finals campaign, I will choose today to have anyone who wants to chime in to clear up for me once & for all your thoughts on an issue that will has & become increasing clouded as the year goes on. Like the rest of you, I still almost daily am told by someone that Hird should/will not return as our coach & now I'm starting to see these ridiculous "surveys" that keep coming to a pretty similar number each time, saying that 83% dont think he should be our coach. What bugs me about these surveys is Im convinced 90% of the respondants don't barrack for Essendon & Im also fairly sure that 90% of this 90% only say No because they would find it amusing if he was forced to leave in disgrace, because its not their club & regardless of what the truth may or may not have been.

I dont give a flying F*ck what Non-Essendon people think about who should be out coach next year so I want to get an answer from the people who I do care what they think. Also I'll point out that I dont want your answer to have anything to do with Bomber at all. I like what he's doing & I am for the one year term that he continually states he signed up for.

So in as short or as long an answer as you care to give:

Yes or No, Do you want Hirdy back as our coach Next year?

My Answer is without a doubt 1000% YES.    Edit: I also want Bomber to stay on with him.

Yes

This should be a poll

I like Thompson as coach for obvious reasons. Experienced, great at understanding football fundamentals, has that passionate and energetic personality to really drive the team.

However Hird is probably a very good coach in his own way. So it’s a tough call.

I do respect that Hird can come back. It’s fine either way.

Aaargh. … James Hird.

Our very own Tony Montana.

Alledgedly.

Depends on how well Thompson takes us this year. If we have a genuine finals crack then I think Hird should stand aside and become an assistant IF Bomber wants to continue as head coach

I'd prefer Thompson as coach for obvious reasons. Experienced, great at understanding football fundamentals, has that passionate and energetic personality to really drive the team.
I think perhaps Hird needed a few years as an assistant coach before becoming a head coach.
Take Caracella as an example. Has been assistant coach at a few clubs for years and I'd have him ahead of Hird based on that experience.
However Hird is probably a very good coach in his own way. So it's a tough call.
However i do respect that Hird can come back. It's fine.

Sorry to be rude Mootsy, but you are a ■■■■■■■■.
Bomba is a great coach, who is looking after Hirdys team, and he will step away after this year.
But to say that Caracella is better than Hird, you are a ■■■■■■■■. Again sorry for my rudeness, but. ....

Yes for me. The players seem to love him and want to play for him. Also, hirdy coming back is pretty much the only win we had out of all this (doc reid excluded)

Yes and No

I'd prefer Thompson as coach for obvious reasons. Experienced, great at understanding football fundamentals, has that passionate and energetic personality to really drive the team.
I think perhaps Hird needed a few years as an assistant coach before becoming a head coach.
Take Caracella as an example. Has been assistant coach at a few clubs for years and I'd have him ahead of Hird based on that experience.
However Hird is probably a very good coach in his own way. So it's a tough call.

Bomba is a great coach, who is looking after Hirdys team, and he will step away after this year.
But to say that Caracella is better than Hird, you are a ■■■■■■■■. Again sorry for my rudeness, but. ....

tad harsh

Ok, for a start, Caracella deserves respect for being a great assistant coach at some very successful clubs, I am just pointing out that he has experience in assistant roles which is decent training for younger coaches...
I respect Hird, but found his coaching on game day a bit rigid at times. But as a fan it's hard to gauge or rate.
It's just my opinion.

Yes bring him back hopefully Bomba stays as well

I WANT HIRD

I WANT HIRD

to coach us next year. :wub:

Geez, overreaction much? Get back in your fkg box. Mootsy's post was pretty fair I thought. There's a lot of people who rate Caracellas coaching abilities.

To be honest No.

Thompson just looks like he knows exactly what he is doing and exactly what he needs to do.

1001% yes

1002% yes

YES

BUT it would be better if the following scenario can be achieved:

The end of his suspension will be around about the time Our Beloved Leader will be standing down.

So what more fitting person to take over as CEO of the AFL than our very own James? after all, he wasn't  a shithouse player like Vlad was, he is a successful businessman, unlike Vlad, and he would have just graduated from an elite international business management program. He is a proven media performer, unlike Vlad, and do I need to point out that he is far more photogenic than the cane toad lookalike currently at the helm?

Plus he knows about how the system works, and I am sure he would like to clean out the Augean stables that Vlad has provided over.

I put it to you: who could possibly BE A BETTER HEAD OF THE AFL???

Coached us to most wins in a season since 2001.

Also, Essendon made a commitment to the man.

Yes.