Help from someone in Melbourne / Vic

Got in the car as a regular woman, … came home a Grammar Nazi …

it's about 5 hours via train according to google maps 1:21pm from Southern Cross looks like the earliest

Otherwise I’d look at options from Melb to Ballarat or Geelong - then from one of those 2 onto Warrnambool

The Ballarat train is an option, but although it gets you there not long after 4pm, you can leave a couple of hours later and get there by 4.50pm.

Thanks again to all.

Seriously how good is the blitz community in helping people out.

Air general.
Just keep it quiet from moll Caro.

Got in the car as a regular woman, .. came home a Grammar Nazi ....

At least she’d learn all about apostrophes. No other ■■■■■■■ seems to know.

I've done a few trips via Ride Share. Fortunately she's got a few weeks up her sleeve to get some posts up on sites. There were just a few when I did it, always found a ride when I had a month in advance back then, so now, with many options the chances should be even higher, a Google brings up a heap these day.

https://www.google.com.au/search?num=50&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=rideshare+melbourne+to+warnambool&oq=rideshare+melbourne+to+warnambool&gs_l=serp.3..33i21k1.16309.21245.0.21631.14.13.0.1.1.0.229.2269.0j6j5.11.0…0…1c.1.64.serp…2.12.2270…0j0i22i30k1j33i160k1.gCgiqi_5wCc

Quick found example …

https://hophopride.com.au/rideshares/1734/melbourne/warrnambool/on-21-11-2016

Gumtree seems a fairly popular port of call.

Farked if I’d be doing that!

Haha you should give couch share(?) a try 'Boot

Lol.
Last thing I want to do is be stuck for hours in a car with some boring git I don’t know.
Pass thanks.

So you’re saying I should offer to bring her back?

Three and a half hours by train…3 trains a day on weekdays at, from memory, about 7.20am, 1.20pm and 7.20pm.

The only other way you’re going to find is by air from Essendon to Warrnambool Airport, which is roughly 7- 10km from the heart of town, call a cab from there.

Not a terrible train ride…pay the $8 to go first class, I think base fare is about $34.

Well at least she’d arrive with a new found knowledge of shovels and precipitation. B)

Don’t forget the black puddings.

Death by Ecky Thump while hitch hiking. Buried in an unmarked grave with a Spear and Jackson No.3, in the rain.

Classic way to go.

Death by Ecky Thump while hitch hiking. Buried in an unmarked grave with a Spear and Jackson No.3, in the rain.

Classic way to go.

Spear and Jackson No 3 is up on blocks.

Problems with the brass reinforced handle.

Hope she speaks French.

I've done a few trips via Ride Share. Fortunately she's got a few weeks up her sleeve to get some posts up on sites. There were just a few when I did it, always found a ride when I had a month in advance back then, so now, with many options the chances should be even higher, a Google brings up a heap these day.

https://www.google.com.au/search?num=50&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=rideshare+melbourne+to+warnambool&oq=rideshare+melbourne+to+warnambool&gs_l=serp.3..33i21k1.16309.21245.0.21631.14.13.0.1.1.0.229.2269.0j6j5.11.0…0…1c.1.64.serp…2.12.2270…0j0i22i30k1j33i160k1.gCgiqi_5wCc

Quick found example …

https://hophopride.com.au/rideshares/1734/melbourne/warrnambool/on-21-11-2016

Gumtree seems a fairly popular port of call.

Farked if I’d be doing that!

Haha you should give couch share(?) a try 'Boot

Lol.
Last thing I want to do is be stuck for hours in a car with some boring git I don’t know.
Pass thanks.

That should be bomberblitz tag.

“stuck for hours in a car with some boring git I don’t know”

Can she drive? Best option to make the time is surely a rental from the airport?

Can she drive? Best option to make the time is surely a rental from the airport?

Question is is how important is it to make the time. If it’s vital, she has to leave the previous day…or hire a car. 7.21 am train from Southern Cross.

You know, this plan might just be crazy enough to work !

^This
Only a 3 hour drive and car rentals are pretty cheap at the Airport

Yup, but the only rental with a return in Warrnambool is Hertz for like 400 bucks for 1 day.

All sorted now anyway thanks, the person she was meeting is just gonna stay overnight in the city to give her a ride

She’s a woman, Der!!!