Henry Crauford - scratch match king

He’s 3cm taller than Bedchambers: he’ll do.

11 Likes

weird decision, imo. even if Phillips, belly and draper went down i think they would just ruck smack

good luck to him

5 Likes

I’m really struggling to come to terms with the spelling of his surname

22 Likes

Crawfish

2 Likes

Pinchy pinched spot off Lockyer

Also

And this can certainly be worked on & improved.

MAybe Nige gets a gig if we end up with a MYD spot.

I’m happy with this.

3 Likes

Project player IMO, still think he is a way off it but hopefully with the right guidance at the club he can play some solid VFL football and eventually make the league side

6 Likes

This guy didn’t play a pre-season game for us and is coming from the SANFL reserves, which is a fairly meh standard.

If we were going to go with another ruckman over Lockyer, why go with a project player who won’t help us at all this year…?

Obviously, I hope he’s a jet and proves to be an excellent pick up. Weird decision though, IMO.

8 Likes

He’s also a very accurate pass by foot, judging from the highlights DJR just linked to. A 6’8" ruckman who can control the loose ball on the ground and kick straight for goal ? Watch out Tom B — watch out Joe D !

3 Likes

Every player is an accurate pass by foot judging from their highlights

5 Likes

Haven’t seen much of him in the forward line. By all reports the other blokes love him

4 Likes

I don’t think they would.

Smack is needed fwd, and also shown he cannot compete against taller rucks of comp.

We are one injury away from Phillips of being in that situation at present also. Touch wood that does not happen.

Dodoro: Ruckmen to Key Forwards since 2020

1 Like

I liked him in the games I watched of his last year, has the marking ability to maybe pinch hit forward but he might lack the athleticism to play that role.

4 Likes

Does he take angry pills? Asking for a friend…

2 Likes

I’m not sure SSP players should be project players. SSP players should have immediate impact, either knocking down the door to or into the senior team.

Shame I wanted to give Nigel a go,

That said I’m going to welcome this kid with open arms. Huge potential. Only started to get serious in 2016 & has done well. Keep out of senior team at Norwood by the best SANFL ruckman in the league.

Lots of upside with this kid me thinks.

His highlights package, was indeed a highlights package. It was also a highlight.

2 Likes

Ha, it’s an old nickname given to me by my cricket mates about 30 years ago

1 Like

2.04 metre Henry?