Heppell, Merrett or McGrath 2023?

If McGrath is captain I want him to use his Canadian accent at every press conference.

2 Likes

Langford

Wright?

Kyle Langford firing up the players with passionate pre-game speech:

10 Likes

Whoever Clako wants to be captain

2 Likes

McGrath.

Plays with a genuine physicality and I like a captain off half back which is his natural position.

Also has two years on his nearest competition for the job in Merrett and is closer in age to the nucleus of our next finals/flag push.

Heppell standing down before he retires would be best for player and club as he has a wealth of experience and is still best 22.

I would always have played him in the centre.

REDMAN

I definitely think Redman should be in the leadership group, he actually leads ‘on field’ with his physicality and willingness to take the game on, something we have been seriously lacking in our leaders since Jobe.

2 Likes

Ive read this a bit and am constantly astounded at it. Genuine physicality? I hope this isnt based off the fact he tried to rough up a couple of players this year… he’s a known shortstepper and has continually shown that he isnt particularly keen on body contact.

4 Likes

Was our best in our two otherwise dismal finals performances in the last 5 years.

Plays with a genuine hunger. IMHO he’s a no brainer selection.

Hardly a “short stepper”

1 Like

Hes not in our best 22, hes been a liability for most of the season and will be even more next year.

Move him on ffs.

Not directed at you but we have 1 fkn win and suddenly people forget everything else.

But ofcourse lets continue him next year and try and find spots to hide him from week to week.

And while we’re at it lets persist with Francis anothet season.

7 Likes

He was?

15 disposals against Bulldogs. I thought Parish, Zach and Draper were much better. And Franga was pretty much BoG against West Coast.

Mind you I’ve seen Langford giving players a spray.

I’d say McGrath and Merrett are far more softly spoken than Langford.

Hipster takes on captaincy are the worst Blitz meme

McGrath hasn’t even found consistency in his own game yet. Big year for him next year reaching his own potential. Not ready for captaincy imo.

Not sold on Merret as captain either tbh.

2 Likes

Langford lol.
Has to be Zach.

The fact we have so much good young talent but so few clear leaders is an indictment on our player development.

Merrett for mine, he definitely deserves it.

And I’d like to see a leadership group with McGrath, Redman, Laverde and Langford.

That would’ve been like letting Ajax be warlord in The Warriors.