Here's the Team - ANZAC Day Collingwood v Essendon - Jerrett doubles our Merrett

And we’re the poorer for it, their replacement will actually hit a target.

1 Like

Not bothering to follow the scum I just checked a few stats on talls & smalls.
Interesting their backs are all between 187 & 193 cm - no real talls, but equally no small defenders.
An interesting counterpoint to our more traditional mix of talls and very smalls in Tippa & Green.

The scums forwards do have the requisite two talls, versus our three tall backs, but both Woof Woof Degooey and Stephenson definitely have a height edge on Bags & Saad. Even Hoskin Elliot isn’t short.

So I’d expect Hurley to have a role on one of their mid sized forwards, and McGrath to not play down back as much as against Port.

Adams not playing.

McHenry is making his debut tomorrow. Had his left leg amputated below the knee after a quad bike accident when he was seven. He’s never played football before, spent majority of his life studying to be a marine animal rights lawyer’s assistant. Barely speaks english, currently weighs around 114 kg’s while only being 5 foot 7 inches and is a heavy smoker.

He’ll win the Anzac Day medal against Essendon.

16 Likes

Was noted by Robert Shaw that McGrath completely took Stephenson out of game in juniors despite height advantage. So likely he will take him.

I think Hurls will get Crocker. Bags to De Goey, I’ve seen Bags play on and beat Jack Darling before so can take that type/size and then Saad to WHE whose more that quick running type.

Or Hurls and Bags switch on DeGoey/Crocker, especially if DeGoey pushes as an extra in midfield leaving Hurls a spare man in defence.

3 Likes

Expecting a Seedsman?
Career Games 73
Career Brownlow Votes: 3 all on Anzac Day 2015

Eats chips on Glenelg Beach mostly these days.

my Bad i don’t take much notice of pies team.

that’s cool, you don’t have to be balanced if you don’t want.

Yep doesnt help when all the football you watch all weekend is half of the Bombers VFL game.

1 Like

Poetic license. He’s having a very good season.

If we bring the application from last week we’ll roll this mob.

The wide open expanses of the MCG are where we do our best work, we are going to cut them up with our speed and skill.

I wonder how many have actually watched Collingwood this year…they’re quick.

2 Likes

Yep watched them in 3 games
MUST pressure the ball carrier to create errors/rushed decisions .

1 Like

Especially around the contest/clearance. They fling it around by hand, that’s your best chance to force the turnover. Once they get it to their overlap runners in space, they cut you up.

Good value for the medal:

Package 23
Smith 28
Stewart 51
but mainly
JOSHY GREEN: 101

3 Likes

4 Likes

Yeh. I am aware of that. He’s finally repaid Bucks lack of faith in him.

1 Like

It’s not a one person selection panel. They have picked a speedster that runs the lines, and is involved, often, more than once with the ball going from half back to half forward. Jackson Merret is exactly the type we need tomorrow. He will do his job.

3 Likes

If we had another player the quality of Fantasia ready to go he’d be in the seniors, but we don’t. Merret’s been an emergency more times this year than any of the guys you want moved into the middle, so obviously someone has been rating his form this year

The coaches are seemingly happy with the balance of the team so; player gets injured, similar player in best form comes in from the reserves. It’s hardly a controversial idea

1 Like

Put Jerrett on a wing,see how that goes.