Here's the team Carlscum v Essendon - what happens to Walla when you add water?

What happened to the sensible changes?

Would be unusual to not play players who are named on the field.

So I think he is serious about Brown, who increases options, forward and back.

My bad didn’t realise Brown is named on the field!
Even if McKay comes in then them three have them covered

Brown forward or back does OK, and as a defender can intercept mark until the early morn. Imo hes better down back, but might not be an ultra accountable defensive player.

2 Likes

Very weird… very tall!

The omissions tomorrow could be - Brown, McKernan, Stewart…

Hope we dont get a pre match injury to a running player!

1 Like

Who knows what Hartley did wrong?

Maybe he did nothing wrong.

But, IIRC, some here had a bit of a crack at him, … the wash up seemed to suggest he was down on what we might have expected from him last year??

I think Hartley goes simply because of what he doesn’t give us going the other way. You can have two pure shut down defenders in Ambrose and Hartley. And with Paddy showing some rebound this puts Harts in a dropable position.

Brown replacing him just shows intent to have someone who can defend, read the play and also rebound.

Imo

1 Like

Hartley may have a niggle.

But people are saying its going to be very very wet.
FYI if the bureau predicts showers, it means showers , not rain. If they predict rain, it means sustained falls of rain. Ther is a difference. The ball may get slippery, but the ground will not be a quagmire.

3 Likes

McKay and casboult. Likely only one of them though

I have no idea which 3 will get cut

Hocking is a good in under the possible weather conditions. If we need to tag someone, he’s the guy , but the slippery conditions are ideal for him. Cats head hardness on the inside is needed as well.

2 Likes

I don’t see what browns gonna offer when the games gonna be ■■■■ weather and contested. hes a good intercept but doesn’t seem to ‘want’ it that much.

I find it hilarious they stick with spuds like Thomas when Kerridge is by far the better player and yet he is stuck in the VFL.

2 Likes

So Heater in on the field, so 8 out of 10 picked so far and only TBC and Myers to go.

Good onya Buddha, all the best, Cripps may wish he didn’t play after all.

11 Likes

McGrath, Parish, Gleeson, Stewart, Langford, McKernan and Dea are the extended bench.

This makes it pretty straight forward I would think:

McGrath, Parish, Langford most likely do play given the height already on the field.

Only option I see is Gleeson vs Dea.

In: Leuey, Heater and maybe Dea.

1 Like

Will be good to have Hocking return to his rightful spot in the best 22.

4 Likes

Hartley got beaten by a kid last week. I know there are players languishing in the twos, but I hope we don’t start rotating the side just to try keep everyone happy. Players need to be afforded more than one bad game.

1 Like

Thanks Jane B

1 Like

If Hocking returns to his best, tagging out the oppositions best while contributing himself and even having a day out here and there (he’s good for a goal), he’s in our best 22 for mine and we are a better team for it.

7 Likes