Here's THE TEAM vs Pies

Only option to Howlett was Begley. Or J Merrett. Or Zaharakis. Or Redman. Or the other Merrett.

Howlett isn’t a forward. Too slow, too defensively oriented.

Why am I at work today? Productivity is zero. Surely we win this year. Right? Right?

3 Likes

Yeah you are right I think Jerrett actually in hindsight may have been better option even if was playing a defensive role.

In saying that he’d been playing off HBF and only switched fwd over last few weeks. Perhaps they realised again lacking in small fwd depth, mainly since we are going with 3 in the seniors.

Jerretts versatility may save his bacon at years end

All potential Anzac Day medallists.

1 Like

Remember when we’d get upset Sheeds wasn’t picking Cory McGrath?

3 Likes

This bit couldn’t possibly go wrong:

“Collingwood remains the most inaccurate team in 2017, kicking 41.47 at 38.7 per cent. Essendon has been better in this area, kicking 53.31 at 51 per cent.”

(Disregard the bit where almost all those numbers are wrong… Collingwood are 41.55=43% and we are 53.39=58%. Actually, he may be ignoring rushed points – but the percentages are wrong either way.)

1 Like

The Players that were “ready” were debuted early…or As soon as possible. Or you could say never played a VFL Game.

McGrath/Parish/Heppell/Z Merrett are all high picks and of a different quality than the other kids you mentioned above.

2 Likes

fecking hope so

Gee, since 2005 only 2 wins. Little wonder supporters are cynical when it comes to this day, always expecting a win or at least an improved effort from 1 year to the next, only to be left with massive disappointment.

Coaches and players in 2017 talk about non negotiables and honesty in performance. The wet weather, not endeavour, sunk them against the Blues. Then coming off a 6 days break played in terrible conditions against a team who are flying was always going to end in a heavy loss.

Now after a 10 day break there’s no surprises or excuses. The Pies are gettable even with their manic pressure acts and high possession rate. After all the early season positivity, lose this game will set the club back a long way. Win it will set the club on its way towards a productive year.

Now that the we’ve got Franga with the Hooker I doubt we’ll plateu too early this game and we should last 4 qtrs, but my concern with Franga is weather or not we’ll be able to finish the job and go out with a bang.

1 Like

???
41/106 =/ 43%.

That may be true… but 41+55≠106

3 Likes

We better freaking win tomorrow. I’m in Singapore for the day and if I waste a generous percentage of that time watching Sidebottom kicking his 7th from the goal square instead of … what else is there to do in Singapore?

7 Likes

I’m ■■■■■■■■ bricks about tomorrow.

2 Likes

l am not, for it is simply something beyond my control to do anything about. Instead l have confidence that the team will get the job down. Sit tight, be confident and all that. Carry on.

2 Likes

Every time I think we are good things tomorrow, I just rein myself in and focus on enjoying the Anzac Day experience.

Bring a raincoat

Man we’re gonna get so Essingtoned.

2 Likes

Satay and beer

Storms and tears

1 Like